Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
a2b transfers do heraklion to stallis for £21 return on the shuttle bus
Is there public transport to Iraklio? Or does anyone know the taxi tarrifs please?
:que :que
at a guess i would think around 30/35 euro but to be sure you can always ask.. info@cretetaxi.com . i doesn't matter who you choose as the fares are all set by the Greek government , as always before you get in a taxi ask the approximate fare, [ signomi posso kahni ya ston {hotel name} stallis parakalo}

yasus
wizard
there is a bus that goes from the airport into heraklion it finishes at about 8pm
thanks.
does anyone know about the ferry timetable to Santorini? we arrive in Crete 20/5/10 and want about 5 days in Santorini before moving on "somewhere" flying home from Crete 15/6/10. Does the timetable change much between winter and summer?
the nearest i can find is

dept 26 May 2010, 08:50 ANEK LINES

haven't found one on 20th yet... still looking

yasus
wizard
wizard

efharisto polu; don't think I'd make 20th anyway but as soon thereafter. Santorini is main place that I want to book accomodation. Will check as well but really appreciate your help. :tup :bow
can only find old schedule for the Cat dep aprox 9 15 am foot passengers only this is from the apr-oct 2008 schedule

yasus
wizard
Greekofile.

There are normally two catamarans that leave Heraklion for Santorini covering each day but not both running every day and also the standard ferries, but I'm not certain how often they are. The ferry companies are notorious for not releasing their schedules or opening up the on-line booking until the last minute, but sailing times are generally the same from year to year.

We got the SeaJet MegaJet (or something like) which was scheduled to leave Heraklion the day we went at about 8.15am (I think it runs most days but sometimes just after 7.00 am) & there is also the Hellenic Seaways Flying Cat which I think left the port at 9.45am in 2009 (but doesn't run on some Wednesdays & we went on a Wednesday!).

Now I believe the Flying Cat generally starts in mid April & the SeaJet in mid May (as I reckon the later caters more for the coach/hotel day-trippers). Both companies have websites but as above they won't tell you much at this stage.

We booked our tickets a few days before departure at a travel agent in Ag Nik without any problem & IIRC correctly it was €41 each single from Heraklion to Santorini. I would imagine this will be pretty similar for 2010, but even the ferry companies won't know yet.

Hope that helps.
Pete
Pete
fabulous information thank you. will ook at the sites.

regards
John :thanks
Wizard, if you have a look round the TA windows in Heraklion, some of them were advertising rooms at €12 - €18 per night. I don't recall exact location of the local TA's, but they were somewhere around the main square.

Parky
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.