Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Trish

We have some information on the Norwegian Jewel HERE

luci :wave
Thanks Luci, doesn't sound too hopeful were gonna hold off booking anything til a week or two before we go see if we can get a cheap deal, out of all the ships out there I am sure we will find one with room.

So for anyone with kids who can recommend a great ship please feel free to let me know. My daughter is 4 now and she loves going on the plane and being able to tell everyone she has been on holiday so I can't bear to leave her out, but I want to make sure I get a ship wih good kids facilities.
We have been scanning for eastern med cruises for a few years and MSC get deals but the rest seem to hold prices, we will try again this year but I don't hold out much hope.

There is a Nov 14n on Island escape which may come cheap.
hi Trish 1982
After reading the good and bad reviews on the NCL Jewel myself ex partner and two children 15 and 4 have booked deciding to give it a go so to speak. The childrens facilities seem to be very good ,with a group for the 3-5 year olds. there is also extra group sittings etc for evenings and nights at around $5 an hour. There is also an under cover pool for the younger ones which should be invaluable.
In general I am a wee bit apprehensive at all the hype about paying for the extras etc, but there are enough eateries aboard without paying extra and with kids i shan't be drinking alcohol excessively .There should be water etc available free of charge unless you want bottled so apart from the service charge and our usual extras I cant see us spending an excessive amount. I hope not anyway and now i just have to wait while July to put it into practice.
annj
NCL - anytime!!!! The freedom of eating when you want where you want and not being forced to eat at 6:30 or 8:30; not having to worry about how much to tip as an automatic $10 pp pd gets added to your bill, a wonderful new ship, good sized cabins and friendly staff. Suggest you go to http://www.cruisecritic.com and click on the 'board's link and then go to NCL and you will find 'real' questions and answers from cruisers. Warning - it is an American based site and they are quite negative at times..! Enjoy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.