Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
We are hoping to stay in this hotel next year but there will be a one year old and a six year old with us. Does anyone know if this hotel is suitable for kids?Also is there lots to do in the area for adults and kids. Many thanks. :?:
Hi Ali

I have just booked this hotel today for 2 adults and 1 child aged 11. Have looked on the Riu website and there seems to be plenty for everyone going on.
We have booked this hotel for the end of August, but I have been reading some other reviews (on another website), and it seems that it is mainly for the german tourist, can anybody put my mind at rest, I am having second thoughts about going, this is the first time we have stopped in such a plush hotel, we normally go self catering, and I don't want to feel out of place, any advice or comments would be appreciated
I'm looking at this hotel for next easter.

Guess you'll be back now so wondered what you thought and whether you'll post a review ?

Thanks.
Just back from this wonderful hotel.

The rating is 4 star and it certainly lived up to this.

Four swimming pools all clean, plenty of sun beds, not too much hassle from the early towel people, although the hotel caters mainly for the german holidaymaker this was not a problem.

The restuarants you can use for half board are both buffet style with plenty of choice and good quality.

I wouldn't hestitate to go back.

If you need to know anything else just ask
Glad you had a great time and many thanks for the comments.
We're off to this hotel for Easter. Just wondered if it's worth e-mailing the hotel and asking for a particular room location.
Any advice from people who've been there before appreciated.
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel
Got back early this morning. Fantastic place, the best 4 star Spanish hotel we've ever stayed in. Will post a review when I come round....
Many thanks Crockett - looking forward to reading it.

Kath HT Admin
Hello,

I'm new to this site.

We have booked this hotel for our honeymoon in 5 weeks. Got a bargain too. Am really looking forward to going as we drool over this hotel everytime we go the 'naria (4th time)

The travel company have made a note on our reservation we are on honeymoon so they hopefully will allocate us a nice room.

Bye!
Hello all,

Me and my husband we are going to Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras the 24th of March, for one week. Does anyone have any tips about this hotel? And about the area, restaurants etc?

We have also planned to visit Palmitos Praque and I wonder, can you take a bus up there, what number of the bus, price? Or is it better to take a taxi? Price?

It's our first trip to GC, we been to Tenerife in April 2004 so now we wanted to see a "new" Island. So can anyone recommend anything to see or do in the rest of GC?

Have a great day! :wave
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel.

For resort reports for Maspalomas then please Click Here

If anyone has stayed at this hotel recently and not written a review, then please do so via the first link. Thanks.
No long back from that area we stayed at the Riu Meloneras
Your hotel is right on the prom with loads of bars and restraunts on the prom as well as a few shops and a supermarket
Good one being the 19th Hole.
Out the front of the hotel there is a small shopping area which is main designer shops but a few normal shops can be found in the Varadero centre and 150 metres away either on the prom side or the front of the hotel.
Enjoy your holiday its a lovely area
Hi Glynis HT Admin and Travelmandy,

Thanks both of you for all the information! :thanks
I really longing for the trip, so nice to get away from cold Sweden :fly
Hello
last april we stayed at the h10 melonares palace just up the road and we had a good trip by going on a friday by taxi to puerto mogan about 30 euros and spending the morning going around the harbour and market
and then getting the ferry down to puerto rico about 11 euros for two
in puerto rico try one of the submarine boats around the harbour -well
worth it about 15 euros for two then eat at one of the restaurants on the beach
walk around the resort trying to miss the anfi (timeshare)clowns if you can
then taxi back in the early evening about 20 euros
we had alovely day
hope this helps
alan
Hi alan,

Thank you for the information! :tup
Hi all,
first of all, what a fantastic site :D :D
Ok, I have just booked this fantastic looking hotel for 2007 after taking a look at it last year.
I, like most was looking up from street level at the people at the edge of the infinity pool saying to my partner, "next year that has to be us".
Well sure enough it will be.

So, to those that have been, could you please advice on the following.......
1. We have booked a room with a pool view...but what floor would you say would be best??? Please keep in mind that Sandra, my partner, will not go in to a lift, but we don`t really want to be on the ground floor.
We normally ask for 3rd floor max....would this be a good choice??

2. I have read that there`s no point in taking your own beach towels as the hotel only lets you put out there`s.
Is this true and if it is, how on earth do you remember which one`s are yours if they all look the same??? (sorry if that's a stupid question by the way.

3. We are going half board, what is the dress code???
Will I be ok in jeans and shirt or smart T/shirt???

4. Anybody know where I can get hold of the DVD the hotel sells online??

Many thanks for any help you guys can give.
All the best,
Andy.
Hi and welcome to HT!

I have asked for this hotel to be added to our reviews site. Note that it will be listed under its full name of Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.