General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You can collect Air Miles with a Lloyds TSB Credit Card.
Which cards would you would recommend that can help you on your way to a holiday?

I use Easyjet for free flights (look for promotions), and Amex Blue Sky card (use the points for free hotels, but covers quite a bit holiday related). They soon add up after a year. I always settle in full at the end of the month.

Robby :wink:
I use Thomas Cook credit card, at the moment at least! It currently pays 2% on thomascook purchases (inc currency) and 1% on all other purchases with no spending cap. The points are used against TC hols or currency purchases.

However, from mid April (18th ?) they are reducing it to 1% on TC and 0.5% on other purchases and no points on currency but also capping it with no rewards earnt on spending >£10,000 in a year.

I've looked at other rewards/bonus cards and I can't see much out there that does much better, though, so I'll probably stick with it for now..... I will be paying all my outstanding balances with TC and Direct Hols before mid April though to get the 2% ;)

ps. DD to pay in full each month - no point earning points if you pay the interest :duh
i also use easy jet, but clear the balance every month, the only problem with this card is when you use it to book flights with easy jet you do get charges which i think is unfair grr. i have booked 7 flights to turkey and saved around £100 off them so quite pleased as the flights were cheap to start off with. i bought a new car last month and forgot to use the cc for that silly me as i would have got loads of points and could have paid it off immediately :duh , anyway i try to use it for everything i buy if i remember lol :think
I also use a Thomas Cook card and although the benefits are being cut shortly I think this is a sign of the times and I suspect all cards will be cutting benefits before long, plus more and more retailers are charging a plusage if you use a credit card to buy goods :(
I use CCs for all our spending including food and petrol and use american express platimum for the best cashback . That gets paid once a year (November for me) and I normally get betwen £250-300 which I use to book flights and hotel for a weekend break somewhere after christmas . For those retailers that dont accept my american express card I either use my Tesco CC (for deal tokens) or sometimes my M+S one that gives me vouchers for use in M+S in the same way as Tesco. .

Apart from holidays :oops: I pay off our spending every month . Holidays I then transfer to one of two Barclaycards we have that offer 6.9% lifetime balance transfers for existing customers . I use one account for our Easter holiday and the other account for our summer holiday , thats it , nothing else and pay off money each month . I would love to get to the point where I was saving that money instead of paying it off :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.