Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
hi.. if you look towards the top of the Cyprus index page you will find a topic ....what to do and see from southern Cyprus.... you will also find the topic...Favourite Restaurants in Cyprus.

yasus
wizard
you're going to love it.... make sure you do the Big Red Bus Tour and learn about the real Cyprus...

Steve
Another 'thumbs up' for the Big Red Bus, we've been going to Cyprus for a few years now but only went on the Bus last October, saw lots of places we hadnt seen before, well worth it.

The Sandra apartments are right in the middle of Protaras strip so you will be spoilt for choice.
So what is the Big Red Bus ?????

and of course how much is it ???
:tongue only 12 days before take off
The Big Red Bus Tour

The Big Red Bus Tour,

Is a farely recent addition to the trips available while on holiday in Cyprus around the Ayia Napa and Protaras end of the Island.
Travel around on an open top bus being shown the old red soil villages, learning about village life, the island, plants and fauna, see the division of the island and follow the Green Line, stop off for refreshments at a little farm shop (no need to buy if you don't want, free tasters given).
Basically enjoy a few hours being introduced to the real Cyprus and learning a little more about normal and everyday life.

We've been on it 3 times and still hearing new things and learning a little more...

Prices vary from time to time but we just paid something like €18 each (worth every cent !)
It picks up in Pernera, Protaras and Ayia Napa but ring for bookings (or arrange with the bus when its parked up) as its very very popular and can be booked up for days !

Steve
AskCy wrote:
The Big Red Bus Tour

The Big Red Bus Tour,

stop off for refreshments at a little farm shop (no need to buy if you don't want, free tasters given).

Steve

Ta Steve
this line will encourage the Missuse :rofl

Me I'm looking at a bit of fishing looks like €60 a day for Carp Fishing as long as I catch I ain't bothered
When are you at the sandra, i will be there in September
I just got back 3 days ago with my 12 year old son, also as first-timers so please feel free to ask anything and i'll help as much as i can! Im sure you will love it as much as we did :tup

Malita and Keegan ;)
did you think it was better than Turkey then, my friends love olu deniz but ive never fancied it
Ive been to Marmaris 4 times before and i loved the friendly Turkish people and the cheap clothes, etc you can buy there, also eating out, etc was cheaper (although it was 4 years ago we last went), but i just loved Cyprus so much more. There always seemed to be something to do (if you do your research enough) and although we crammed in loads of things in the 2 weeks we were there we could have done with even longer, whereas Marmaris just seemed to have the waterparks and jeep safari's and not alot else (especially for kids)....... Depends what you like to do though i suppose, but i've definately got the Cyprus bug now! :tup

Malita :)
Cyprus is my all time favourite, roll on 12th September
Cyprus is my favourite too, this will be our 10th time. As Bluemax said you'll be spoilt for choice. Search this forum and i'm sure you will get plenty of ideas. Roll on September 12th :)
10th time for me as well. cant wait off to Parga next sunday first
'Me I'm looking at a bit of fishing looks like €60 a day for Carp Fishing as long as I catch I ain't bothered'

Mad Caravanner, we're off to pernera and protasras soon! And my husband loves to fish... where do you fish? Do you tend to catch much?
A few years back we were on a lazy morning down at the beach in Pernera and a couple of chaps set up just on the rocky out crop to fish for a bit of "whitebait". They were there for about an hour and we watched the goings on.
Both appeared to be kitted out the same, bucket, rod and some sort of bait (in hindsight it was proably bread), however one of them was casting out, pulling back, re-cast letting it sit, casting etc and didn't catch a single thing, not one, not even a bite. They also changed areas about and one was fishing where the other had been etc, same one still didn't catch anything.
The other fella however spent the entire hour, casting out, bite, pull in and put in bucket, re-bait, cast, bite, pull in.. He caught a fish about every minute for the entire hour ! ???

Steve
We came back on Thursday and did a bit of fishing from the rocks while we were there.
One day, in around an hour we caught about 15-20 (lost count lol) small ~4inch fish, mostly painful, spiky ones (take a towel).
The Cypriot chap next to us caught...one! The only real difference that I could see was that he was using a triple hook versus our single, and I couldn't see what he was using for bait.

For reference, we were using a 6m pole, size 12 hook, bread for bait and fishing about 2-3 foot deep ;)
Pubdog you might have been the one we were watching last time !. lol sounds almost the same story (I didn't mention but the bloke catching fish was English looking and the other Cypriot !)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.