Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
No flights coming in from Lebanon,the runway was bombed people leaving were doing so by ship and arriving at larnaca port. Dont understand the delays.
Flew back from Larnaca on Sunday morning, no delays at all, 6 flights or so back to uk whilst i was in airport all took of on time.
Long delays were reported at the weekend last, due to extra flights laid on for refugees going back to the UK, this had a knock on effect so they say, but all is ok with flights now, just the normal delay excuses..
maybe that is what it was
Slightly OT.
I've never been delayed leaving Cyprus in 16 years of travelling there.

Conversely, I have had 2 almost delayed flights coming out, all due to plonkers getting "lost" after their luggage has been loaded (so they were actually at the airport!)

Why do some people seem so reluctant to GO on holiday, but are happy to come back home? :roll:

Mark
The first time I went on holiday (plane, airport type holiday).. I was watching the clock.. oh they said boarding.. run run.. quick they might leave us...

ahh... :lol:
yes, a lot of people in Larnaca airport last 2 week. Also huge grey ships.. maybe 10 around Larnaka port, never sow them b4.
Hope the situation gets better very soon.
We have just got back this morning.
Only half an hour delay so not so bad. Last Wednesday some people from our hotel had a 4 hour delay at the hotel and then when they got to the airport, they had another 6 hours. Things seem all sorted now, so although it was busy, it was not so bad. Only one Gatwick flight was delayed but the other 2 Gatwick ones were on time.

Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.