Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
You would be looking at cashing about £150 pd if you were Self Catering family of 4.

Seems pricey to me , we 're taking £1000 for a family of 4 for a week and i expect this to be plenty about 100 a day would be closer i would have thought , try keo or a bottle of thisbee with your meals instead of Krug or bollinger :wink:
Cazz,

Sorry but I have to disagree that cheap flights will encourage the wrong element to choose Cyprus or any other destination as a place to have a stag or hen holiday, most are single and will have sufficient disposable income not to worry about the cost of a flight, what is required is a place that can cater for there needs, plenty of clubs, bars that don't object to drunken clients striping off or the use of foul language etc
My advice would be to select a resort that has little or no appeal the type of people you refer to.
I have said it before...

I really don't think the £128 Sterling Return, and including all taxes, that I have paid to fly next week ;) can be considered expensive when you take into consideration the distance you are travelling ???

Ady
Hi Maurice,
That's exactly what I have done, that's why I have chosen to come to Cyprus as Spain is being invaded by them, the older ones are the worst IMO. :lol: and if I see a mob of women at the airport next year with pink stetsons (original) or blokes dressed as 118,118 men, I'll book for the moon the following year. :rofl

I'm off now to catch a few rays before the match,
See Ya!
Cazz :wave
really don't think the £128 Sterling Return, and including all taxes, that I have paid to fly next week

it would cost about that return from here to the south coast by rail so i agree its a very good price
Cazz I noticed you asked about the Waterpark in Ayia Napa on another post. My advice would be to stay in limassol and use their waterpark if your trying to avoid "groups" of single sex partys :?

As for the older ones being the worst, I'd suggest you don;t tar everyone with the same brush, I suspect you have been frequenting the wrong accommodation if you encounter Club 18-30 type holidaymakers. Pay a little more whether in Cyprus or anywhere else and you wont be "bothered" by people regardless of age having a good time and enjoying themselves.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a big fan of the 18-30 crowd myself but I still know how to party without upseting old fogies and stick in the muds, it's all about respect for the people around you :D Wouldn't it be a boring place if we were ALL the same !

I'm also with Maurice about single young people having far more disposable income than any other group so the flight price wouldn't deter anyone, if anything it would be the long flight time. Most party groups only go for a long weekend and to take in excess of 4 hours of that each way travelling wouldn't really appeal. So you should be safe :wink:

Like I said earlier me and 15 friends are off to my villa in Cyprus soon to celebrate my birthday, the ages range from 30 to 50......and we wont be doing pink cowboy hats or any other such tackiness :shock: but we will be having a ball
Miss chief,
It's not the 18-30's I'm on about but the 40+ who are obviously living their mispent youth. IMO they are the worst offenders,This year we did spend an obscene amount of money and we still encountered them.
Enjoy your birthday and watch out for those "stick in the muds" who want to enjoy their holidays as much as anyone else. :wink:
Anyway I'm sick of all this banter, I speak as I find.

I'm off to get ready to go out on the town tonight to celebrate my sisters 40th. Now where did i put my pink stetson :rofl :rofl
Just a heads up for anyone going Cyprus in early October, there will be an influx of Irish and Welsh football supporters for the two games against Cyprus played on the 7th of October 2006 (Irish game) and the 13th October 2007(Welsh game).

Maurice
I think Cyprus for a holiday is an island you want to visit because you want to discover the island, the people and the way of life.

If you want 2 weeks of sun, sea, sand & sangria @ a cheap price - then go to the Costa Blanca.

Flights to Cyprus can be relatively cheap depending when you book and when and where you wish to fly from - you need to shop around.

Eating out in the Paphos region can be as expensive as you want it to be. We have just found from spending 3 weeks out there that most meals cost around C£6-C£10 per head.

Personally we never stay in hotels and enjoy the freedom of self catering being able to hire a car and discover the real Cyprus.

Shop around, deals can be found in Spain, Cyprus and Barbados.

Egypt is probably cheap at the moment - just remember to pack your flack jacket & helmet.

Happy Holidays
Hi

We both work in school and as a result have to stick to August holidays ----- have looked at both Pafos and Barbados and to be honest there is no comparison re prices - we could visit Cyprus for 2 weeks half board in August and in half term October half board in a hotel (3 star plus - 4) with a sea view and entertainment (quality accom too) for just 2 weeks in Barbados in a very basic 3 star hotel with no sea view on an all incl basis. Sorry but in August you can't compare -

Can't say anything about the rest of the year

Having said that, hubby has been to Barbados and Cyprus - he says that with the palm trees etc etc you get a very similar feel (the beaches aren't as good though) or the rum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cost of living in Barbados if you go all self catering is really high - eg a packet of cornflakes about 17 years ago was about £2! Cyprus is about the same as the UK I'd say.

If anyone finds an all inclusive in Barbados for £2000 per couple for 2 weeks in August all inclusive in a 4 star resort with entertainment, a beach front location then please let me know ---- we may join you! :wink:
Anyway, we've booked again for 2007 ----

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HI Presto2.
I note you say Half Board in Cyprus did you check AI and compare,We dont go on holiday to compare rooms for us its a place to shower and sleep,Check Escape at the Gap AI.Aug from Manchester 2515(sorry no pound sign Arabic keyboard)This Virgin online.We have payed 1950 HB in Sept for Cyprus.
Thanks for that - funnily enough I think that that's where hubby went when he went years back. To be honest we're not too bothered about accomodation - we're happy to adapt to the country's own standards (within reason!) - eg when we go to Greece we 'go Greek' and complain!

The problem is that once the schools go back the prices leap up within days ----- a holiday in February Half Term can jump hundreds of pounds per person! Never mind comes with the territory.

Will have a look at Time Out prices

cheers

:wink:
Maurice, the Cyprus v Wales game is September 2007.

I've already got my trip planned.

I don't normally go away with Wales anymore but as it's Cyprus and the same time I normally go for my 2nd trip of the year there I will be going.
Do you know what date in September please CL ? I am over near Ayia Napa that month, and as I was originally born in Wales would be interested to know.

TIA

Kath x
Hi Kath - sorry to hijack Ian :wink:
It's 11th Oct this year, but that one is in Wales.
The return leg in Cyprus is on 13th Oct 2007

Ady
Silly me, :oops: would help if I had put in which year.

Maurice
Thanks Ady

Kath x
After having holidayed in Spain/Majorca for some years we visited Cyprus 2 years ago and Rhodes last year , we are going back to Cyprus next week.
Just my personal opinion but after the last 2 holidays Spain just isn't going to do it for me anymore for a once a year holiday.
We like to self cater and eat out each night and the quality of the food we have had was just so much better , the Cypriot and Greek people were so lovely .
I found that last year was our most expensive holiday (Pefkos in Rhodes) , probably more so than the year before in Protaras.
I know I could probably get AI for the same price but a big bit of our holiday is the freedom of SC.
As we are also tied to July /August times then cost of the holiday increases.
We know it won't be cheap but I don't aim to spend more than £100 per day max for 2 adults and boys 16 + 13 and it can be done easily.
Cyprus can be an expensive place for your holiday. I had a mate who was complaining about the cost so I jokingly said have a look at Thailand. So now he's off with the family to Hua Hin, flying scheduled to a much better hotel than the ones he was looking at in Cyprus for less money.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.