Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Cyprus in May
19 Posts
May can be a bit hit-and-miss. We usually go the first or second week in May and often manage to get a bit of rain...
Due to go Saturday 1st and the forecasts look like 26/27 and sunny :)
In 2009 we went in April and got a bit of a tan, but the wind was a bit cold and so you wouldn't have wanted to lounge on the beach.. this year Ash clouds permitting we are going early in May so will be able to give a much better report (batteries in camera permitting.. lol)

Steve
There were a couple of nutters (sorry, tourists) in the local timeshare complex swimming pool at the Aphrodite Club in Limassol last weekend, if that's anything to go off?

I was on a sunbed having a read in my cropped jeans and a vest top - but I have lived here for 6yrs now!

May is generally one of the nicer summer months - end May and early June are warm and sunny but without the humidity of July & August. I'm sure you will have a great time and will be in the sea/pool and get a suntan very easily.

After a few days you may notice the nights feel a bit chilly in comparison to the fairly high daytime temperatures and the same can be said for October.

Enjoy :cheers
In April( 5th to 10th) I burnt my nose and was in shorts and t-shirt at night ! the only thing I noticed was going to bed I actually felt more comfortable with a blanket over me (although didn't always get it !)... even on the odd occasion when it rained, it was only a short burst and then dried up again and started to bake.....(ignore these softies that have lived there for a while !.. :D )

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=74907&id=759322738

Steve :sun2
Went 23rd May last year it was Hot :sun2 in the day but the humidity was low, and the evenings were comfortable.
Thanks everybody, your advice has been great. Feel a little more hopeful about a holiday next May now (so much cheaper)!! Really hope to book tomorrow when holidays go on sale (I'll be banging on Travel Agents door at 9am!!!). Will hopefully let you all know the result!!!
I was there 17th May last year for a week and was very hot, going back on the 19th this year so hoping for the same :)
Thanks to everyone for their advice!!! Holiday was not booked today as too expensive (no free child places) but I'm going to hold out for what I really want!!! Travel agent rang later on to say free child place's had been added so fingers crossed I'l book tomorrow. Looking at the 11th May now!! Aslong as the weather is lovely and quite hot during the day, I'm not bothered about the nights so much and the occasional downpour doesn't bother me! Just want the kids to have a great time and love the kids club so I can occasionally have a bit of 'me' time!!!
:sun2 you should get all you require then ! :cheers (ps the local redwine isn't bad either !)

Steve
:cheers mmmm all the better then!!!!! thanks steve!!!
All booked!!! Two weeks at the holiday village aliathon on the 11th May 2011!! Just got to tell the kids that they'll be eating beans on toast or super noodles for the next year!!!! :cheers
Well, after warning that May could be "changeable", we came back yesterday from the hottest May visit that we have had in years.
No rain and mid 30s in the day (in the shade), got a right good tan :)
Thanks pubdog :cheers Hope it will be the same next year!!!! :sun2
I've been a few times in May, it is my favourite time on the island.

• - There is still a lot of greenery, the island not yet scorched by the summer sun

• - It is very warm and sunny, but not overly hot - warning; you can still burn, even in May

• - Everywhere has opened for the season

• - The place is not yet packed with Brits wearing sandles AND socks :wink:
Agreed, but just to add to Marks post...
most places are open - there are a lot of places leaving it later this year. One hotel I know of is not opening until 22nd June :shock:
Just got back, saw 34 deg one day.. and another saw fog !... still warm/hot/scorching and still got tans Most places were open but one or two hadn't got there.
Also asked about Koupes (very tasty snacks) in one of the bakeries (in Pernera part of the Polyxenia Complex) and stunned that I knew what they were, said it would be later in season before it would be worth him putting them on - BUT would make some for me for the next day, unfortunately we were going home !! :cry
got back on the 26th May, was hot everyday, cloudy one of the days but didnt last long. Couple of evenings needed longsleeves apart from that was perfect!!
Well what more can one say!!!!!May is the way........... :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.