Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Just walk down to the harbour,you will be offered lots of trips,some with drinks included in the price,others without.We went on one of each in August and preferred the one that included drinks,they didn't moan when we drunk our own water ,other boats sometimes insist that you do not take any food or drink on board then charge extortionate prices for inferior drinks.We had mainly soft drinks both days but felt able to have as many drinks as we wanted for the extra few pounds.
Hi there

On another forum there are 100's of recommendations for A&S travel in Marmaris for booking these trips......apparently they also do a good exchange rate
HI the Harika boat at Marmaris Harbour is a lovely boat to do a day trip on, it's not all inclusive but it only cost £10 a trip per person
hi
thanks for the reply's.
it's our first time in turkey so we need all the info we can get.

thank's again.
Hi redian

It depends what sort of boat trip you are after. As previous posters have already mentioned you can choose from any of the boats along the harbour and they all do more or less the same trip (fish farm, swim break, a not very impressive cave, lunch, swim break, 1-1.5 hours on a beach or at Turunc (I prefer stopping at Turunc as there is a bit more to see and do and it is a lovely place) another swim break and back to port) and costs vary from £10-£20 according to whether you do all-inclusive drinks (a good idea if you have kids with you) or pay as you go at the bar, which tends to be a bit more expensive. Lunch usually consists of a BBQ - meatballs, schnitzel or chicken, tomato pasta, salad and fresh bread (the bread is to die for over there and I hardly eat bread here). The trips are a great, relaxing full day and the best way to get a tan!

However, if you fancy more of a 'party' atmosphere I would highly recommend the Mega Diana, which I go on year after year. Mustafa the Captain is a complete loon and the crew are great and really look after you, it's also good for kids too as they are so much fun. You get breakfast on the boat (cheese and ham toastie), lunch as above and all you can drink - beer (bottled Tuborg, not the cheap muck like on some of the boats), wine, local spirits and soft drinks - and they come around constantly all day topping you up except when on the shore break - all for about £17/£18. It's worth paying the bit extra as it really is a top day out. If you go down to the Mega (to the right of the Ataturk statue, head towards the beachfront and it's about 4 or 5 boats along) or any of the boats at about 9am most days you can just hop on one at this time of year, they leave about 10am and get back between 4pm-5pm.

There are also other boats that go to Dalyan/Turtle Beach and the mud baths which is also a fantastic day out but will cost a bit more - although well worth doing if you have the time - and you can find those to the left of the Ataturk statue, heading towards the castle. You may have to book these in advance though.

Hope this helps!

Kitti :)
Hi forgot to mention that the Harika boat does Dalyan mud baths on a monday and its £15pp, if you ask for Mastafa (who is the captain of the boat) he will let you pick your sunbed when booking (we alway's go for the top deck at the front of the boat) best place for a sun tan and to relax while sailing.
I have also heard the Mega Diana is a good day out although I haven't done it as we are not big drinkers so didn't see the point in doing A/I, Harika boat also picked us up from accomidation free of charge but this is only for the mud bath trip not the lazy day trip.
Im sure you will enjoy this and as said before it's a fantastic way to get your sun tan .
I also recommend the Mega Diana. If you phone their office from your hotel and book the boat they will pick you up & drop you back.
Their office number is 41 27678, There is also an english lady (Claire) who works on there & her mobile number is 00 90 (536) 552 4148

Hope this helps :tup
If Carlsberg did boat trips it would be the Mega Diana ,
Mega Diana probably the best boat trip in the world
oh and it was so good we went on it twice this year
at 42 ytl i would expect a better boat than the crowded Diana ....
basically........ if you want a different boat trip go private and be spoilt, if not it's the same sh*t different day.....
look to pay no more than 25 ytl all inc and no more than 20 ytl for the awful Dalyan trip(they go slow and try to milk you for drinks and food for 6 hours on board)
I disagree the mega diana is certainly not crowded , for a start it only has a capacity of 68 and every time i have been on it i would say it has only had about 40-50 on board also the quality of the beer is better you get bottles of tuborg gold 5% and not that crappy skol as i have had on the overcrowded boats also it was 40 lira , i know its my opinion but i would pay that couple quid extra anyday .
Anyway whatever boat you choose i'm sure you will have great time
cheers simon
I have to agree with simon, We have been on Mega Diana for the past 2 years now, 3 times this year. You can always get a sunbed because they dont allow anymore people on than what there are sunbeds and the staff are excellent x Food is really good and if you like to have a drink the beer is the proper glass bottled beer not the rubbish plastic bottles in a plastic glass stuff . Well worth paying the extra couple of quid for this trip.
I also agree with what the above 2 posters have said. I have never been on the MD & its been crowded but I have witnessed seeing other boats so crowded that people are having to sit downstairs in the shade and having to queue at the bar for ages to get a drink. :really
thank you all for taking the time to reply.
it's a pity i'm only going for 2 weeks :sun2
the mega diana is 43 ytl.... i pay 20 ytl on the romeo.... thats 10 quid of anybodys money....eight quid difference for normal fare... and tuborg from a bottle does not justify the price difference as most people only have 3 or 4 beers....much more is a bit silly in the sun on a boat!
The shape of the diana means that all people are on a lounger with no room to go in the shade unlike the two tiered boats.
The Diana is overpriced for what it is, if people are happy then fine, but not by a couple of quid.... for a family of 2 adults 2 kids it would be 70 ytl on the romeo..... the diana would be 86 ytl just for 2 adults...and kids don't drink bottled tuborg!!!!!

Useful Tip....go to the boat the day before and reserve your sunbeds.......
I went on the mega diana twice recently and i can tell you it was 40 lira both times not 43, oh and i had 12 bottles of tuborg a toastie , lunch 6 tangos 6 waters and a coffee , i think its great value
You mean you got through all this between 10am and 4pm ?

12 bottles of tuborg, a toastie , lunch, 6 tangos, 6 waters and a coffee ,

You certainly did get your monies worth!!!!

Sorry I am gobsmacked that you could drink 12 bottles on a boat trip. My husband would be "on the deck".
Easy 6 before lunch then 6 after its really not that hard , mind you i could only manage a couple of pints in the evening lol , really is a good trip
We paid £17,50 per adult & kids were half price & my 6 year old went free on the Mega Diana, there's no limit to what you can drink...So get ya moneys worth :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.