Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Back on our stay to Icmeler a couple of years ago we were strolling down Marmaris promenade and noticed there were a few men touting for business. After being given an offer we couldnt refuse for the other half and 2 kids we booked up for a day trip. It was awful. Overcrowded, food was not good at all dried up burger and soggy salad. There were some really loud drunk people who were being disgusting to the point that a few of the parents had to take their kids down below to keep them from the language and obscene behaviour :yikes that were going on. The staff just laughed. The toilets were smelly and leaked badly. Im no prude and like to have a drink or 6 but we couldnt wait to get off :cry . I would be very careful who you book with and dont go for bargains. Ask for recomendations. Ive booked this year with a reputable company whos boat trips have been recommended. We have paid up front so dont even need to pay when we get there. Have a great time !!!!
go straight down the road from the taj mahal to the beach and the orca boat is facing you.done loads of great trips with them turtle beach/ mud baths lazy days also done the jeep safari with them great time. always book a turkish bath with them as well. i can give you the name to ask for.
Thanks Annie, I will be happy to receive all recommendations for particular boats.

Thanks wee toby, that would be great!

Do you recommend booking in advance then?
Just go down to where the boats are moored on the morning you want to go,we never book beforehand,boats leave about 10.30 but we get there about 9.30 before the mini buses bring people,that way we are assured of a sunbed on top deck,we do all inc,better value,always had a nice boat,lunch was good,we have done lots of these trips and never had people drunk,and toilets have been ok.Last year we went on Sunshine boat twice,couldnt fault it,we will be doing that one again in a few weeks but also going to try Mega Diana,that has been having good reviews as well.
Thanks Crispy, yes I've saw a good few things written about the Mega Diana too. Thanks again for your help.
I also recommend the mega diane,we had a trip with them a few years ago and it was a great day out,another good travel company for trips are 5m,they have a few booths around marmaris for you to book up with, but haggle a bit to get a discount/free offers.5m boat has a water slide that goes straight into the sea :sun2
hi scotishmum
i would pre book boat trip since you are going to with a large number of people so you get enough seats and sunbeds , :D and when booking ask them do they only book a certain number per boat so you dont get overcrowded, we went from marmaris harbour departed about 9:30-10.am returned back about 5pm we had all inclusive deal for 11 pound adult and kids half price,
hope this helps
ive been on several boat trips A.I, they were all pre-booked and were brilliant days out, remember you can get a good deal on these if you barter....especially as there are a large number of you going! :tup
one of our favourite day trips was to cleopatra island, but we had to be picked up by coach and dropped off somewhere about 25-30 mins later.... what a beautiful place, will definatley be going back there this year!
I book and make my own way to the boat. I get there early before the buses pick up from the hotels.That way I get the pick of the sunbeds. The best price for an all inclusive is 23ytl.... 9 pound.....
hi scottishmum the best two boat trips ive been on or mega diana they don't over crowd and the simpsons they dont overcrowd but if you like to be on the top deck for the sun get there first they leave 9 ish . food bril drink good stops good wouldn't go with any other boats also book in advance. enjoy :wave:
Thanks everybody for all the great advice! All taken into account.

Where do the boat trips from Marmaris go? Have only did ones from Dalyan before.

C xxx
hi scottish mum 2yr ago we booked the simpsons just by going to the front and we had several stops for swims and we also stopped at this village i cant remember the name but ask me in august and i will tell you coz will be going on the simpsons this year (brill) at this village was a beach we all went on a banana boat my first time wot a laugh. i must say the other boats i have been on didn't go there . theres so many to choose from you will get your favourite ones and mine has got to be the simpsons. food and drink spot on price was only a tenna each all drinks and food . :glynis :sun
Last year when we did the cruise around the bays,we stopped at a lovely place called Turunc,a few shops and restaurants and bars,the beach was stoney,but beautiful clear water,we just sat in the water,its was so cooling,stayed there for just over an hour,then had bbq lunch on board boat,all inc cost us £10 each,a bargain,you will love it.
Best boat trip can be found along the marina, just past the statue of fishermen pulling in nets, opposite Jan De Wit restuarant. Called "Finding Nemo Boat" - crew certificated AND insured. Lovely day out, can have an excellent lunch too. 00905365537365.
The boat trips described sound fab, I wish they did all inclusive trips form gumbet, because id much rather pay one price and not take any cash, I cant understand why they do all inclusive from marmaris but not gumbet ? :que
To book the Mega Diana, would i have to go to the marina a few days before i want to go, or can it be done over the phone from hotel, or from home?. I'm staying at the Club Aida so its quite a way from the marina!! :tup
Personally I wouldn't just turn up on spec, on the morning that you're hoping to go, with a party of 9. A lot of the boats have a capacity of 30, so hoping that there would be 9 spare places on the day could be optimistic.

Have a wonder down by the Harbour in the evening and talk directly with the owners. This way you can quiz them about the number of passengers that they will take & compare this to the number of sunbeds that they have. All boat owners will tell you that they can't take more passengers than they have sunbeds, as they run the risk of fines from the coast guard if caught but sadly overcrowding does happen with some of the less scrupulous owners.

We went on the Monte Carlo boat last year & had a great trip, it was mainly families on board. The other boat that seeems to get a lot of recommendations on here & other forums is the Mega Diana. We haven't used it but people that have done, always seem to rate it highly.
hi
i would book the boat trip, i also reccomend the mega diana, they only take as many bookings per trip as there are sun beds for, so its never overcrowded, you need to book at donatella travel, there is a thread on hear, just search mega diana, also they have a website so just google donatella travel.
this is by far the best boat trip

marnie
agree with the mega diana - they fab (they also on facebook!!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.