Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Dalyan
13 Posts
I'm going to Dalyan for the first time in three weeks time so will be watching for any replies with interest!

I can't comment on the apartments you're staying at but with regards for things to do I've been advised to spend at least a couple of days at the beach, once going by river boat and once by Dolmus. Apparantly each takes you to a seprate end of the beach (about an hours walk apart) and both are well worth a visit. I understand that there is a turtle hospital at the dolmus end which is worth a quick visit.

I've also been recommended the jeep safari trip which if anything as good as the one we did last year in Oludeniz will be a good day out.

We're due back on 2nd July so if you've not gone away by then I'll put some personal recommendations on when I return.
Thanks, we're going later on than that so if you could, that would be great, thanks again! :)
I'm going to Dalyan on Sunday so I shall be reporting when I get back. :cheers
Hi all,
We're returning to Dalyan in 2 weeks as we had such a lovely time there last year and we don't really do return holidays, so all I can say is lucky you :tup : experiencing it for the 1st time.
Sorry can't help with the apartments.
With regards things to do you should find plenty to occupy yourselves apart from soaking up the lovely atmosphere & sun.
Trips we did: boat to beach ( beach was lovely but sand was scorching!! & I personally didn't find the parasols large enough for shade for 2 people)
Early morning river trip to see turtles
Walking in Saklikent Gorge: stunning scenery & although we were a bit wary it was great. You walk about a kilometre up the river bed in plastic sandals in lovely cool water (& my OH doesn't 'do' water!)
Crossed river to view Kaunos ruins... did this ourselves. No problem as boats available to cross)
Turkish bath: a must if you've never experienced it!

Others available which we'll consider this year:
Fethiye market & deserted Greek village
Koycegiz Lake tour
Mud baths
12 islands sea gulet cruise
jeep safari

I'm sure there's more but can't remember. Overall Dalyan is a quiet-ish place compared to more lively Marmaris etc but there's plenty to do & loads of restaurants, bars etc so you're not out in the 'sticks' either.... just perfect for us & for you too I hope. enjoy! :sun2
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the tips Toasted! :tup
I'm off to Dalyan on 16 June, really looking forward to it. First time to Dalyan but 7th time to Turkey. Just felt we needed a bit of a change this time. We are staying at Villa Kiydan, which gets really good reviews, looking forward to the short transfer time!!!
stayed in dalyan two weeks ago at the metin iam only sorry we didnt discover it earlier,it is a charming place with all you could want at hand without being too over the top,will be going back sooner rather than later i hope cant recommend the place highly enough
Another Dalyan convert here will be going back next year loved it. We did not do many trips as the weather was so hot in the 40's for 4 days so had a very chilled out week, went to the beach on the boat and Dolmus and we have decided to go back for 10 days next year.

Found the prices not bad, steak meals have gone up but pides are about 5 lira. Chicken meals were cheaper. We found the Metin Pide restaraunt on the last but one night and their meals are a lot cheaper and very good. As it was so hot some nights we were not hungry so we had starters with salad and we had a variety of stuffed mushrooms, stuffed aubergine, stuffed vine leafs which was very nice. I remember the waiter saying is that enough but it was plenty especially with the bread beforehand.

We stayed at the Villa Kiydan will do a review later and I can highly reccommend. Onur the manager is lovely and he will do anthing for you and he also picks you up from the airport in the cost of the holiday as well and if you want anything that they have not got off he goes to get you it on his scooter. Nothing is too much trouble.
Just back & Dalyan as lovely as we remembered from last year. Weather reached very high temps 43c on 1st week but had settled to more bearable low 30s before we left.
Prices not much different to last year so if you're off soon relax & enjoy, you lucky things! :tup
Thanks toastedmallow -I am going there for the first time in September: sounds good!
Hubby and I going in sept for first time too so any info is great we're staying at Holiday Calbis which has good reports on trip adviser.
Bumping thread for turkey first timers.

Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.