Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Pinklola

We did the trip to Tangiers many years ago. I can't remember exactly how much it cost (but I remember that it wasn't cheap) but we booked it through our tour operator rep.

I found it really interesting to get a brief look at such a different culture, but I'm afraid that hubbie didn't enjoy the constant hassling we got everywhere we went, and it's put him off Africa for good! If you can put up with this, I think you'll find it an enjoyable day out.

Here are some reviews I found online: http://www.viator.com/tours/Costa-del-Sol/Day-Trip-to-Tangier-Morocco/d790-2140JTCDS14/TR

U2fan
i went a couple of years ago,thought it was a great day out
i think the price now is about 49 euros pp,including lunch
you get picked up early,coach to algeseras,just past gib,the ferry takes about an hour and a half
like all these trips,they take you to their shops(guide on commision),they even had the audacity to try and stop us going out of the carpet shop!!
SNAKE CHARMERS,CAMELS,AFRICA
if your that close,go,and take your own lunch if poss,not many people ate the couscous
home by 8.30 at night

i recommend it to all
The restaurants are actually not bad. I think they use 3 or 4 different ones on these trips. They all have a set meal but with a few courses. Unless you are the type of person that only wants chips with everything, you will enjoy the meal.

As for the hassling, don't worry, the morrocans are actually quite friendly. Just say a firm no with a smile and ignore them, they will soon move on to the next person. :wink:
i think the hassle from the sellers is non stop and ok if you are fit,young or of strong charahcter(spelling) no problem
may be a problem for the elderly especially near the end of the casbah and although i have never heard of anyone being robbed,it seems to me a prime location
as i said before though it was a great day out,my friend just went for the first time and stayed 2 nights,asked him how it went

i wont tell you his reply,but he thought the hotel was ok

you have to remember that tangiers is so different,especially if you are not used to travelling outside europe or usa/aussie etc

my 2p
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.