France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi, loads of them!!! Currently staying in the Grand in Le Plessi Robinson (South Paris). Cheapish hotel (€130 a night) nice area for local strolls, some interesting resturants nearby, hotel one is quite good, friendly bar. It's a bit out of the centre, but quite handy for Orly aeroport.
Best Western Eiffel Segur is pretty good. Central location in the city and close to the Eiffel Tower. Restaurants are good in the area with most places walkable
There are some great hotels in Paris for quality and price and, like London, far too many fleapits which are worth avoiding.

Perhaps you would consider chain hotels such as Timhotel, Ibis, Campanile or Mercure which offer standard and reliable comfort and reasonable prices, and there are many of them in central Paris. You might like to look at accommodation proposed by the Office de Tourisme de Paris, which will have been controlled for price and quality, and whom you can invoke for assistance should you have any particularly unpleasant surprises.

When you go also affects the prices of accommodation. I would strongly advocate advance booking to be sure of getting the hotel you'd like, and checking review sites such as Trip Advisor before you advance any money!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.