Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Delhi Durbar
6 Posts
Bluemoon as your in Apora if I was you I would arrange a taxi, the driver will take you to the boats and wait for your cruise to finish. He will then take you to the restaurant and again wait for you to finish. The cruises sail about 6ish and take about an hour, and it may be worth booking a table at the DD as most people combine the cruise with a meal at the DD.We went by taxi and even with all the waiting I dont think it cost us £10, alternativley you could get the bus to the free ferry and do it that way.....Keith
bluemoon - The best boat to go for is the one that leaves at 6.00pm. Look for the 'Royal' at the end of the jetty. Last year it had engine problems so they put another in it's place, but still left on time. You will get the best sunset shots over Fort Aguada on this cruise. The price was 150rps per person which you pay and obtain a ticket at the kiosk. When you get on the boat you have an option to pay to sit on the top deck, only 50 rps but better views and you get a waiter to get you drinks. You pay the extra 50rps at the bar on the lower deck of the boat not at the kiosk.
Trip lasts 1 hour - 1/2 hour up to the estury and back again.
Great atmosphere on board, couldn't resist getting on stage after chatting to an Indian family from Mumbai, they thought I had some great moves !
Never had to book in the Delhi Darbar, more seating than they used to have with plenty upstairs. Nice menu and very good food. Prices I would say are not too bad, maybe a fraction more than a typical place in Candolim, but no way near the prices of Souymans/After Eight etc..
If you wish to stay on foot and have a look round Panaji at night time (well worth it) the Delhi Darbar is about 10 mins walk from the cruise boats - if you get lost ask, everyone will point you to it, it's in the part of the city that has the Reebok/Addidas shops etc.
As an alternative to the Delhi Durbar, why don't you try the Ritz Classic - it's full of Indians, whereas the DD is much more touristy. :tup
The Ritz Classic is still quite close to the river.
Thanks Max, is it very posy ??? only I was thinking shopping first then the boat and then dinner which = hot sweaty and very in need of straightners ;)
is it very posy ???

No - I did say it's full of Indians.

The food is great by the way. :tup Read some reviews - Cick here.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.