Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hi,

We stayed at Devon Cliffs for a weekend beginning of May this year.
It is a HUGE site. We were there because our boy had a football tournament and this was the place we were accomodated at.
We stayed in a Gold 3 berth caravan which was nice in an area called Damson Green. Approx 10 minute walk to the main entertainment complex. Lots os activities to do, but always very busy.
The supermarket was a rip off, but there is a Tesco 5 mins drive from the site.
You walk down to the beach which was beautiful. we were lucky with the weather the first 2 days and all the kids took a dip in the cold sea!!
Haven is not really my thing, but yes i would go back there. However would probably rent a private caravan.
Sorry can't comment on the other sites.
Hi
Firstly in response to answer about onsite shops...at our site its the equivelant of a spar shop price wise (cannot understand people who always say these shops are a rip-off :( its a basic shop for everyday items). Everything is always fresh & a good range of foodstuff if not wanting to go into town or get Tesco to deliver to our caravan (which they do).

Anyway back to the original question :) i only know of Havan Y Mor as a fellow caravan owner has a van onsite & it appears to be in a nice location.
Devon Cliffs is suposedly a very nice site also. Not heard any reports on the other site.

All of these Haven sites each offer totally different things, some are quiet, some huge, some located near beach, some inland.
Our caravan is located at Golden Sands (Mablethorpe which is north of Skegness & south of Cleethorpes).
It would be nice to be able to compare every park on its own merits, but everyones likes differ !!

Personally i would never stay down at Skegness as its too noisy (thats my choice) & i like our park for its location & wonderful beach.
If i were you i would visit Havens site online as each park has its own section, then hopefully make your decision !!

I do agree its always better hiring from owners as they are better equiped (not just saying this as we own our caravan)...we purchased a van as we didnt like the fleet vans & they were expensive for what you got (even if booking a gold standard).
As owners we always try to make it as homely as possible.

I do hope you can make a choice & i realise its a big decision booking an annual holiday which is why i always say book an early/late season cheaper holiday to try out any park.

Dave & Chris
We've stayed at Devon Cliffs and Burnham and would go back to both, (at SUN rates) but it does depend on what you are looking for out of the holiday.
In the few years we have been going to Devon Cliffs the entertainment package has been cut back noticably. Again the last trip to Burnham showed that they had much less on than they used to.
The indoor pool at Devon Cliffs is larger and has more slides, but they are both maximum 1.2 metres deep, and I think that is measured with the help of a flood. We went to Burnham in November specifically to see the fireworks and illuminated carnivals so they had an excuse for the lack of entertainment in that instance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.