Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
The Dinastia is a good choice if you want a good quality apartment in a nice area. The hill is exaggerated, it is mostly uphill back from the beach but it is more of a gradual slope than a 'very steep hill'. There is also a taxi-rank at the bottom so you could always just jump in one if you're too tired to walk back. There are numerous bars and restaurants within two minutes of the complex, some offering entertainment. There is also a Spar supermarket almost next door. I can recommend Taylors Lounge but it does get very busy in there. There is also a good poolside bar at the complex called Goodfellows which gets good reviews although I haven't actually used it myself. I have friends over here at the moment and they have rented an apartment on Dinastia and they love it. There are plenty of Karaoke bars and tribute acts to keep your kids amused in Los Crsitianos.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I am waiting for a couple of emails coming back but I think I am going to try and book these apartments for next summer.
Nice Apartments, hill not too bad.
Unfortunately the apartments where built mainly facing north so many of the balconies do not get any sun at all, they are also built like the old fashioned apartments (vertical) most of the ones built now are much lower rise and are staggered so you get the sun from above, however the apartments are spacious and well fitted out.
Had sunday lunch at Goodfellows and it was average.
I know it`s horses for courses but another thing I find irritating is how the noise echos around the inside of the complex and pool area, this again is down to how it was built.
The previous post may not agree with me but I find it totally souless.
There are much nicer compexes where you would feel more at home and feel more holidayish.
It was originaly built and sold as time share until it went bust and was eventually finished off by a contractor. The time share people also put on two exta storeys without planning. This caused a big delay in restarting the work again after they went bust.
Sorry but my opinon is boreing and souless.
Rodz
Well of course Rodz is entitled to his opinion however jaundiced but I suggest perhaps you read the independant reviews

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

I think you will find the vast, indeed almost total, opinions are completely opposite which tells its own story.

We own on the complex and can point out some descrepancies in the previous posters views.

Most blocks face west or south and get open sunshine all day . There is a good mix and 3 blocks on the "hill" side do face north but even these do have staggered floors so that the open balconies on the 3rd levels and the penthouses get direct sunshine.

The Goodfellas pool bar is just that a very good pool bar with very friendly staff good food at reasonable prices and is fact becoming the hub of the community,

As to Souless ??? well it is a new complex and is still developing and we have a very active large owners thread on a specific TENERIFE FORUM try a Google search to locate this.

Boring ?? well the previous poster wants to be around in August when lots of families are out and around the pools.
I do apologise, did not realise that a previous poster lived on the complex.
I was only giving my opinion as I have experienced it.
I did live on the complex for four months whilst after selling a property and revamping my new one.
It is in no way a personal attack.
I repeat it is horses for courses.
Sounds busy in August which would suit some people but some mayfind it hell, again horses for courses.
Rodz
Have been a few times now to the complex and would agree with Rodz.
At one point i was going to buy in Dynastia and im now glad i didnt.
Goodfellows is ok(not brill) but apart from that the complex seems very average.

Glad i bought in Victoria Court 1 instead as it seems to me to be a more cosy,friendly complex.
Just a pity about our pool bar being rather lousy :(
I like Victoria Court but havn`t been inside the complex for ahwile now.
I agree with what you say about it.
I was always worried they would build on that plot of land next to the Spanish blocks and spoil the view from Victoria Court.
It must be a prime site but it`s never been touched. I can`t think of any more plots which could be described as front line.
I live on Port Royale, the view is to die for but the price is the hike up the hill.
I bought on there because it hasn`t a pool bar and is classed as residential so it`s more quiet than a holiday complex.
Horses for courses, I just prefer the peace of not having the bar.
Everybodies differant
rodz
I agree to a certain extent with the previous post. We bought on La Finca in Chayofa, specifically because we didn't want a pool bar, holiday complex feel to the place as we intended living in it full-time, which we are now doing. Our complex is a low rise (2 storey) residential complex that is very quiet and feels 'homely', just how we hoped it would be. The point is that the original post on here was from a person asking about holiday accommodation and I cannot see why the Dinastia would not fill anyone's criteria for a good quality, well run, well located complex close to all amenities. Okay, so the design/style might not suit all who want a permanent home over here but that is not the same as someone holidaying for a week or two who will have totally different priorities. I don't see how they can go wrong on Dinastia.
Thank you for your replies. Does the complex have pool tables/table tennis or air hockey and internet?
2 X Pool tables in the pool bar and wifi connection available on the complex..but you will need your own laptop. or there is internet access at the Status Exchange Shop over the road.

But be advised pool rules enforced by attendants..no lilos in the pools no ball games etc on the terrace.
Hi,
Visited dinastia in July 08, with my husband and two 13 year-old boys.
Apartment was excellent everything we needed but there were very strict rules around the pool ie - no balls allowed in or around the pool, no inflatables in the pool at all only as a swimming aid and no jumping in! Sunbed available to hire from 10am and then are taken away at 6:45pm! but pool open 8am-8pm. Karoke bar opposite and shops and supermarket nearby. All in all it was a enjoyable holiday but we did not spend as much time around the pool as we normaly do. :sun2
Thanks for your replies.

Are you charged for the sunbeds around the pool?

Even with the "pool rules" - would you still recommend these apartments? Is the pubs etc in the locality family friendly - ie tribute bands/karoaoke?

If you don't recommend these apartments, could someone suggest anywhere else? I would prefer to be nearer the sea but don't want "tour operator" apartments if I can help it!

Look forward to your replies.
hi we have been going to victoria court 1 for over 10 years now its a brill complex near to the sea than dinastia very friendly complex as great apartments 5 mins walk to sea front and good bars nr to http://www.tlcholidays.co.uk this is vicky courts web site
hope this helps
Whats these warning signs that have gone up around dinistia saying it is a residentiasl complex and renting is not allowed.
I thought it was a holiday complex!
Rodz
hi we where talking to some people staying on dinastia last year and they said the residece who live on there made them feel unwelcome and the gates where locked at times vicky court is more of a holiday atmphore its great we go for a month every feb
I thought it was a holiday complex!
Rodz

******** edited to remove unnecessary comment. ********** :que

Of course its a holiday complex and many many people own a holiday home there and when they visit they are on holiday as we do has often as we can. The vast majority of owners are non residents and use the apartments as holiday homes. Hardly surprising in a large holiday resort when you think about it.

Sadly there are also a few very selfish people who think that because they are full time owner residents they should be the only people allowed to enjoy the place and the rest of us should shut up and be quiet.

Well thankfully its a democractic community and the vast majority of owners including most of the other full time residents are reasonable people who just want to live and let live.

******* ditto *******
Whats your problem I merely asked about the notices that had been put up, they may have been taken down again by now.
I was enquiring about the status of the apartments, surely that`s a valid question.
It`s in a thread on the Tenerife Forum about the notices that went up regarding lettings.
I am in know way wanting to be argumentative.
I initially answered a query to the best of my ability, you living there obviousley dissagree.
It must fill the criteria for you, that`s fine but I am allowed an opinion.
You most probably hate my complex and the complexes of the other posters and that would be your right.
I am allowed to give an opinion that is what these threads are all about.
Long may it stay so.
Rodz
Your right of course and I have adjusted my earlier response accordingly. My apologies. :wave:

I was and still am extremely annoyed about the signs which where erected unofficially without the knowledgle or authorization of the President and were totally inappropriate.

IMHO they were purely political and intended to intimidate and bully.

I have no problems with the complex being gated (locked 24/7)... providing full access is allowed at the designated point for the pool bar restaurant for deliveries and passing trade. This was democratically agreed at the last AGM.

Nor for signs which designate the complex as a PRIVATE RESIDENCE.

But that in no way means that the minority can ride roughshod over the rights and wishes of others who are merley using there own private property as they see fit.

PS I have visited many other communities in the area including Victoria Court and spoken to the very helpful lady President on several occasions. It seems an excellent complex with many innovative ideas and facilities.
All complexes have their problems, we have just had one with someone bringing four dogs into a long term let.
The problem has been resolved, it seems the renter was missled as to what was considered acceptable and what isn`t.
Politics abound but common sense seems to eventually prevail with the majority of owners.
I live on Port Royale, you may have confused me with a previous poster who lives on Victoria Court.
We to have a excellent president who works tirelessly for the owners.
Rodz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.