Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
What is the room description on your holiday confirmation invoice?
Onthe invoice it states, hotel room with sea view and balcony.
I've looked at 3 different websites so far for information on the room types and to be honest, they are not that clear.

If you have time before you travel I think you should send them a letter (recorded delivery) and ask them to provide you with written confirmation of the exact room type and location within the hotel (ie in the Hotel or Club Room/bungalow).

This is the best description I've found but even then - it's not conclusive as almost all of the rooms indicate they have a balcony and some of them have a sea view. I'm assuming the bungalows are those referred to as "Club rooms" below.

Club rooms (located in separate 2-3 storey low-rise buildings in the garden grounds, some in an elevated position) have 1 double and 1 single bed (plus extra child bed if required), satellite TV, air conditioning (on intermittent periods), hairdryer, shower room and balcony or terrace. Prices are based on 2 adults sharing on All Inclusive. Club rooms with sea view are also available. A limited number of single club rooms (also with sea view) are available at a supplement.

Hotel rooms with sea view, located in the main hotel, have double or twin beds, single bed plus a child's bed if required and are available at a supplement; facilities are as per Club rooms but with a full bathroom and balcony.

Larger hotel rooms with sea view and facilities as per hotel rooms (child bed being a sofa bed in the living area) are also available at a supplement.

Family rooms (sleeping up to 4 persons) are also located in separate low-rise buildings in the garden grounds and offer two bedrooms, one with double bed and the other with twin or bunk beds, satellite TV, air conditioning (on intermittent periods), hairdryer, shower room and balcony or terrace. Prices are based on 2 adults sharing on All Inclusive.

2 bedroom family rooms (sleeping up to 6 persons) are as above but with additional living area with sofa bed or bunk beds. Prices are based on 4 adults sharing on All Inclusive.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
I have finally had an email back from Thomas Cook saying someone will contact me in 72hrs. It only took them 5 days to respond!
My booking was definatly for a hotel room so hopefully it will be sorted?
Sorted! I spoke to TC today and they said the room allocations have changed from when i made my booking. The club room (bunglow) is now the standard option when booking. They offered me the hotel room for a charge of £174, which i laughed at, they then offered me it for half price. I turned this down as our booking confirmation already had us in a hotel room. Eventually they 'upgraded' us for free and we have a new comfimation stating our room as an 'Superioir/Deluxe hotel room, AKA a hotel room!
Glad you got it sorted but TC didn't exactly cover themselves with glory by asking you to pay extra for what you had already booked months ago.
Glad you are sorted and you can rest easy. Make sure you take all new info with you ;)
I am having a similar problem with Thomas Cook. I have booked a Junior Suite and all of my paperwork quotes Junior Suite.

I was told by tour operator to contact the hotel directly to book a late check out room. Upon finally getting a response from the Royal Alhambra Palace Turkey, they (much to my alarm) informed me that I am not in a Junior Suite but a Family Suite known locally as an Alhambra Suite.

Thomas cook firstly confirmed that we had booked a Junior Suite, but subsequenly said :

"You have definitely got a jnr suit with double bed , single and sitting corner with sofa bed.

The hotel call it alhambra suit which is our junior suit."

:que
I am now fighting my corner asking my local operator to put me in "What I have paid for, and what is on my paperwork"

What do you suggest ???? :duh
We booked on 4/7/13 and due to travel 08/08/13 (all final payments were made at the time of booking)
I am having a problem with Thomas Cook. I have booked a Junior Suite and all of my paperwork quotes Junior Suite. (To Royal Alhambra Palace, Turkey)

I was told by my tour operator to contact the hotel directly to book a late check out room. Upon finally getting a response from the Royal Alhambra Palace Turkey, they (much to my alarm) informed me that I am not in a Junior Suite but a Family Suite known locally as an Alhambra Suite.

Thomas cook firstly confirmed that we had booked a Junior Suite, but subsequenly said :

"You have definitely got a jnr suit with double bed , single and sitting corner with sofa bed.

The hotel call it alhambra suit which is our junior suit."
:que
I am now fighting my corner asking my local operator to put me in "What I have paid for, and what is on my paperwork" :cry

What do you suggest ???? :duh
We booked on 4/7/13 and due to travel 08/08/13 (all final payments were made at the time of booking)
Based on the reservation pricing info on the hotel's own website a family suite is more expensive than a junior suite so if the hotel think that you are in a family suite but you've only paid TC for a junior suite then perhaps you've got a better deal than you thought?

SM
I've replied to the new thread you started but as a family suite is the most expensive accommodation grade of accommodation the hotel offers and superior to what they list as a junior suite on their own website, if it was me I'd be inclined to wait and see!

SM
I agree with SM, if you go on their website you can see that the family suites are superior to the junior suites.
The Alhambra is not the 2 room family suite or the duplex 2 room either. It's 63m squared of space in 1 room.

I definitely want the separate lounge, 2 bathrooms and jacuzzi whirlpool bath in main bedroom!!!!!
:tup

see Alhambr's website.

Nope i not willing to accept anything other than what is legitimately worded "junior suite" on my paperwork. I'll see what hornets nest years its head today.

:D
Please do not be confused by the mention of family suite. The actual room offered is the Alhambra Suite room.

This is way substandard downgrade! !! :cry

i too would be inclined to accept anything a family suite, but this is not on the offering table.

Please review website and see exact Alhambra Suite and tell me honestly if you would accept that as a junior suite suite? :whoops
I can find no mention of Alhambra suites on the Royal Alhambra Palace, Side website. It refers to Standard rooms, Family rooms, Junior Suites and Family Suites only. Or is this not the hotel that you are going to? Perhaps you could provide the link to the info that you are referring to? Or are you saying that the hotel has confirmed that they have you down for a family ROOM only?

SM
None of the UK agencies that offer the Royal Alhambra Palace in Side list the junior suites as providing a separate lounge, two bathrooms and a jacuzzi in the main bedroom and as far as I can see the hotels own website provides no details of the facilities in each of its room/suite types.. Can you provide the link or your source for that information because the TC website doesn't list those facilities for junior suites?

SM
I have been sold a Junior Suite by TC, The Junior Suite (20 of them) are very different from Alhambra Suites which the hotel has said I am in

We will be glad to see you in our hotel. Your booking type is Alhambra Suit room. It is not a junior suit room. If you think that there is a mistake about booking, please contact with your travel agent…Late check out is dependent on possibility of the hotel on your departure day and with extra charge. Please ask possibility and price for late check out on your departure day.
Thomas cook branch saying that their system calls it a Junior Suite..........my argument is that the term "Junior Suite" is a universal term for a high quality room...........

If paperwork says Junior suite.....then that is what you should get not a double room with an extra bed and a sofa bed squeezed in the "Sitting Corner"..........."Screams Quality".....NOT!

I am concerned that a travel company want to mislead customers in such a underhanded fashion.

I the same way that when I visit any Steak Restaurant, whether it is a well know chain or individual eatery, the fact remains that a "Sirloin Steak" is always a "Sirloin Steak" and a customer should not accept a processed hamburger when the menu advertises a "Sirloin Steak"...........

Rant over. I feel better for that. Unfortunately I have spent many thousands of pounds for a pumped up double room and that makes me very sad, angry etc
I have been sold a Junior Suite by TC, The Junior Suite (20 of them) are very different from Alhambra Suites which the hotel has said I am in, this is what they said

We will be glad to see you in our hotel. Your booking type is Alhambra Suit room. It is not a junior suit room. If you think that there is a mistake about booking, please contact with your travel agent…Late check out is dependent on possibility of the hotel on your departure day and with extra charge. Please ask possibility and price for late check out on your departure day.

Thomas cook branch are saying that their system calls it a Junior Suite..........my argument is that the term "Junior Suite" is a universal term for a high quality room...........

If paperwork says Junior suite.....then that is what you should get not a double room with an extra bed and a sofa bed squeezed in the "Sitting Corner"..........."Screams Quality".....NOT!

I am concerned that a travel company want to mislead customers in such a underhanded fashion.

In the same way that when I visit any Steak Restaurant, whether it is a well know chain or individual eatery, the fact remains that a "Sirloin Steak" is a universally recognized term and is always a "Sirloin Steak" and a customer should not accept a processed hamburger when the menu advertises a "Sirloin Steak"...........

Rant over. I feel better for that. Unfortunately I have spent many thousands of pounds for a pumped up double room and that makes me very sad, angry etc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.