Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
direct holidays
85 Posts
hi. just to let you know about my claim from direct hollidays.roz sorted it for me .it went £200 then £400 just before the court case we accepted about £600 all done and dusted. just do not give up getting ripped off :lol:
well done i am delighted. :lol:
Well done Steve. We are glad that Ros was able to help you get the result you wanted.

Sarah
hello, when you book any holiday, you are argeeing to the terms and conditions that are applicable to that holiday.

there are certain guidelines that all tour operators must adhear to, which are generally covered within the terms and conditions.

yes people do get overbooked for a multitude of reasons, including, human error, cancelled contracts, hotelier overbookings etc.

when mytravel or any of the companies within the group learn of an overbooking, they work hard to find a like for like alternative to offer the client before contacting them.

the alternative is always the closest alternative, to that of what was booked, however, this is very subjective, what 1 person may like, another will beleive it to be totally unacceptable.

alternatives, where possible will always be looked at, as will the cost. but it is not realistic to expect to be upgraded from a 2 star to a five star free of charge etc as this will not happen.

overbookings and changes are worked on in date order, with the soonest date of departure being prioritised. sometimes the problem will only be identified within a few days of departure, therefore it is not always possible to give a lot of notice to the customer, this is where the compensation matrix at the back of the brochure is used.

i hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.