General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Why not look at Spain,another short flight and Thomas Cook fly there from Aberdeen.
Bev before you contact TC have you looked around to see if any other provider can do the holiday you have booked at a similar price . They will have to offer you your money back in this instance and I hope they've told you that . Look at all the options i,e package or something put together with the likes of Travel republic . Even check if you can do it by your own steam with a budget flight and accomodation booked with one of the bedbookers . TC will probably do the apartments in their section for hotel only if you can match it with a flight of your own .

Dont give up yet on the holiday you had planned

Sorry Bev im assuming this is a package you have booked ??
on looking i can get majorca which would be ok but we didnt chose alcudia initially as its a longer sit on the bus to transfer to the resort. the only ones left are in christina, cala millor, but weve been there before and didnt like it (plus its on a steep hill and pushing buggys up is a killer) and porto pollanse and alcudia which have a longer sit on the bus. I cant see them flying anywhere else in spain in summer 2012.

lynwestie- they never mentioned money back to us..... the main problem is that aberdeen dont fly to many destinations, its a nightmare. ill have a look around see what i can find.

TBH im gutted, i really am gutted.
Whats the name of the apartments and Date Bev ??
Bev I've just looked at Travel republics site as if you select the "book flight only" option it's a quick way of seeing available flights . On first glance it looks like there is nothing available Ibiza / Aberdeen after the end June so it's not looking good unless you are willing to fly from another airport!!
TC have to give you your money back as (1) They cannot deliver what they contracted to do (2) It is a major change. One thought comes to mind TR has been mentioned and steved1 from TR is a member of HT. You might consider sending him a PM and asking if he can help in some way. He has helped a lot of other members.

fwh
I would think Thomas Cook are under some obligation to find you somewhere similar at the price you have already agreed on,prices for some holidays will be higher now than they were in October. When a similar thing happened to us with a different TA we were told they could refer back to an earlier brochure and let us have the replacement holiday at the price it was then, if cheaper than now
I hope you get something sorted Bev.
I am sorry I can't offer any advice on the situation you are currently in but if you can manage the 2 hour transfer to Puerto Pollensa I am sure you wouldn't be disappointed. Long promenade to walk along and the beach is lovely.
I really hope you get something sorted.
thomsons offer the same holiday, for a very similar price, flying from Aberdeen... there is only 1 2 bedroomed apartment left tho grrrr.

the apartments were playa bella, in san antonio bay and was 30th june to 14th july. perfect apartments right on the beach, close to everything, short transfer time, great for kids... i did a lot of research before booking.

I just cant see us doing the transfer up to north of majorca as 2/3 of my kids get terrible bus sick and will throw up. its our first family holiday just the 5 of us... it was supposed to be special.
hmm just looking again on TR and it's nw coming up with 2 available flights on 30th June . Im assuming 1 of them is a Thomson flight then and the other is showing as low cost budget . How many apartments had you booked bev??

Flights booked seperately seem to be very expensive but http://www.hotels4.com who are part of Thomas cook have the apartments
I've just gone through a dummy booking as 2 adults and 3 children (under 12) on the thomson site as Flight only (flights goes via norwich on way home) + the apartment (2 x studio is what it's giving me) and transfer .. have no idea what you have paid but this way it's £4.5 K :yikes
lol 4.5k its a nightmare booking for a large family!! we were about 3k... self catering tho!!

anyway.... i THINK its sorted. Contacted the place where i booked it (it wasnt closed, just engaged but it did say it was closed anyway..) and spoke to a lovely lady who has transferred us to the thomson package deal... flights same days from aberdeen.

Its a little bit more expensive but its either that or have no holiday at all.
just need to confirm it all after she has spoken to operations BUT im hopeful its all sorted. fingers crossed.

thanks for all your help.....
That is such good news Bev , so pleased it is all sorted :D
Glad to hear you have hopefully got something sorted. :tup
Living up here in the frozen north, I know how difficult it is to get package holidays from Aberdeen.

As for low cost flights, what's one of them? All we have here is Easyjet to Luton or Gatwick. That's it. There used to be Ryanair to Dublin until they pulled it.

Once you have calmed down, read the T&C's re cancellation by the operator, but they no doubt have their backs covered.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

luci :wave
why don't you try Salou or Benidorm.

hope you get a holiday and find one you can get to easy
They have done the same to me,only offered me fights from Newcastle for 6adults and 3 kids ,what a joke
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.