America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Have a loook at allears.com and it lists all the menus and prices on most restaurants in Disney, hope that helps.
Sam x
Hi,This really depends on whether you want to eat healthily or not,we went to Disney for 3 weeks in Aug and stayed in a Disney hotel.My kids loved the fact that they were allowed to eat burgers,pizzas,hot dogs etc for quite alot of the time (which they are only allowed as treats as home).The cost of these type of foods are about the same as at home ie in Mcdonalds but yes they are generally bigger meals.Most restaurants will let you share meals so you could always buy one between two of you.We met alot of people who had the Disney dining plan who didnot feel it was worth it as they had to use them all up to get the value of them and sometimes they were not hungry or wanted to spend time queuing when they could be on the rides etc.
Cost-wise (and probably health-wise too!), you are much better off eating outside Disney. The costs then will be cheaper (often considerably) than the UK, but if you eat inside Disney then, as the previous poster said, the cost is going to be comparable to the UK. Food is always expensive inside theme parks.
can i just ask amandajgee,what are the dining tickets you mentioned and where do you get them from/how much?we are going to orlando for the 5th time next year and i've never heard of them :oops: thanks for any help :lol:
Thanks everyone, very much appreciated.

Sunny girl, the dining plans are purchased through dinsney resort hotels as part of the package holiday, but you have to book a dining plan for every member traveling, for the entire holiday, i was unsure if this was best for us as on the plus side....all food is paid for but on the downside we're not big eaters, especially my son, so i don't think it's financially viable for us as we're planning on getting out and about.

5 times eh? :wow we can't wait.

Amanda
thanks for that info,we've not booked our accommodation yet so i'll bare that in mind..we are big eaters so it might work for us :wink:
Been told cost of food is extortionate on site (Mcdonalds 60c/ Disney $7)
Can anybody point us in the right direction?
If we go non driving, then we will need to eat there as have 2 kids under 9

Mark
I think there was a thread about this fairly recently but I haven't been able to find it. Perhaps you can search for it and will have better luck.

I'm not aware that McDonald's sells anything for 60c. They have their Dollar Menu and I think that's as low as it goes (where obviously everything on it is $1, plus tax). I am particularly fond of the fruit parfait. :)
Merged with existing topic :wink:

Pippy :D
As i said in my previous posting on this subject when we were in Disney last August the cost of an adult value meal ie burger,fries and unlimited soft drinks at Mcdonalds in Downtown Disney was under 6 dollars and a childs happy meal was 3 dollars which is very similar to UK prices.In the parks themselves the cost of the Mcdonalds meals was about 7 dollars for adult meal and just under 4 dollars for kids happy meal although you dont get unlimited drinks in the park. As a previous poster has suggested they have upto date menus and prices for all dining options in Disney on the allears website.
Remember if you want to sit down at a specific restaurant, you'd best make advanced dining reservations :D

allearsnet.com is awesome for menu prices

I also love wdisneyw.com :D
I think as a crude rule of thumb, you could say that food in Disney costs similar to the UK and food outside the parks in Florida costs a third less than the UK.
Just back from disney and were pleasantly surprized at the food at Disney. Most places have a healthy alternative . Can highly reccommend the Chicken Caesar Salad at Magic Kingdom. Huge pieces of grilled chicken and lots of crisp lettuce! you can also top it up with the free toppings bar (tomatoes, onions, pickles etc) its cost about 7 dollars and it filled us up all day. dearer than outside but a lot cheaper than a theme park in Britain!!
Amanda we've been 7 times and stayed On Disney all but once. We don't do the dining plan as we prefer the choice to eat off site when we want to.

As has already been said, the food off Disney (Golden Coral, Ponderosa, Dennys etc) is much cheaper.

It seems to us that those families that are staying at Disney exclusively (ie not doing Universal and off site activities) will probably get a good deal as the food on site IS good and the package reduces the overall costs. however it also occurs to us that if we were on the package those days we go off Disney we'd either be starving ourselves until we got back to the resort to eat or paying twice by eating off Disney on those days.

Will you be getting a car? If so, then we'd definitely recommend not using the dining plan as you will have so many options open to you.

hope this helps

H&H :-)
I much prefer to eat away from Disney-but the Boma buffet at Animal Kingdom Lodge is great for a special treat. You can do breakfast or evening meal -and the price is about $20-$25 with children being only slightly cheaper.
Hi there

Could anyone tell how much it costs to eat / drink etc in Florida?

Also how much money I would roughly need to take with me as i'm going to Disney World etc... I already have the park tickets and everything...

Its just my partner and myself going...

Thanks I would appreciate any feedback

Kind Regards

Laura x
Hi Laura
Take a roll some fruit and a drink in with you,
it will save time waiting and the food is nearly all
fast food outlets,and quite expensive,we are going
to Orlando on Thusday,if you have a fridge in your
room freeze the drink it will stay chilled a lot longer
have a great time :lol: :lol:
Ann
ps
prices out side the parks for meals are a good price
Just wanted to say to aarond that you made my day with your "roll some fruit and a drink" comment. I haven't heard the word "roll" used (in terms of a sandwich) for years. It's not a term used like that in the US. I think we would call it a sub. :)
Soft Rolls ,Crusty Rolls ,baguettes Subs are here but not
as popular as the good old Roll.
ann :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.