America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi

I have returned today from a 3 week trip to Las Vegas, San Francisco and Maui (trip report to follow). So I think I have quite up to date info on prices.

Holidays for us are not necessarily about 'eating experiences'. As there is always so much we want to be doing, we sort of 'get it down our necks and go'!

There were 5 adults and we all contributed to a food kitty and put £200 each in for the 3 weeks. Felt it was easier that way so there was no arguing about whose turn it was to pay next etc. So we had $1900.

We spent 5 nights in Las Vegas and 4 nights in San Francisco. When we left San Franciso the kitty stood at approx $1000.

The money was spent on all meals, any snacks and any drinks we had to purchase.

Breakfast will set you back approx $10 per person in SF & LV and dinner and a drink approx £20 per person, so £20 per day is more than enough I would say. We didn't generally eat lunch though. Buffets are good to fill up on in LV.

PM me if you have any specific questions. I would be more than happy to help. Also, like I said, trip report will follow shortly.

Jannerlilly
I live in LA and 20 pounds is close to $40 which is more than enough per day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.