Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Distance
3 Posts
Hi again Geovil

Skanes is the closest resort to the airport but from what I understand it's very quiet but can't confirm this. Sousse is next nearest. I think what time the bars close at will probably depend on what time of year you are going to visit. In PEK mid summer I have sat in the bars or cafes around the marina until well after 3am but in winter I have seen the same places being closed up before 10pm.

Hope this is of some help to you

leanna x
As Leanna says, Skanes is a very short hop from the airport but apart from hotels there is nothing much there. Monastir itself has a marina and a medina (less hectic than the one in Sousse), together with the mausoleum of the late President - worth a visit but hardly a reason to base your holiday in the area. Sousse is indeed the next nearest and from there you can get into PEK easily if you fancy a change. Depending on your age and taste, you will usually find somewhere open late for entertainment, though that in the hotels may finish at midnight.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.