Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
DIY To Benidorm
77 Posts
we are just back yesterday from a diy in benidorm and we couldnt fault it much cheaper than the tour operater and much less hassle with transfers. we decided to budget for a taxi at 55 euros but catch the bus if possible. when we got there we were about an hour early for the bus but by the time we got our luggage and got out we only had half an hour. hubby would have got taxi but they wont budge a euro on price and i wanted to try the bus so we got it. lovely coach leather seats, only 7 people on- no bother at all and only 6 euros. booked it at the alsa office during the week to come back and was no bother. no rush when you get there like the tour ops buses when there is a mad rush to get in the queue and you are nearly always last and in the slowest queue. can recommend it . try it.
http://www.jet2.com have started flying to Alicante. Average price £19 each way, although you can get some flights cheaper!!!.

Great for people in The North West as another option to Easyjet. Easyjet was great (and cheap) when they first started flying from Liverpool but their prices for a so called 'low cost airline' are sometimes dearer than the likes of monarch were your getting a better service.
:D I live in staffordshire so we are lucky we have Manchester,East midlands,Birmingham,and Liverpool all near to us oh and Blackpool as well.If you cant find a cheap flight out of that lot there ant one.
hoping to book a 3 night stay for me and my mate in november. could anybody advise me on websites to book our accomodation, i have already found some really cheap flights (£180 for the two of us on jet2.com)
Hi, I have used wintersunshine holidays.com a few times and have found them to be really reasonable. You can book on line or do it over the phone if you prefer. They have lots to choose from in Benidorm. You just print off the accommodation voucher and produce it at your apartment or hotel. I last stayed at the Helios hotel in March with them and everything went smooth. Good Luck
thanks for that sue allan, it seems cheaper than alpha rooms. does anybody have any idea about transfer costs from the airport to the resort, probably a taxi would be best, and how would i book it in advance?
Hi superstar ... to reduce duplication, please check out our Resort Transfers topic for that information:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=28950

Many thanks
David :wave
i would like different opinions and prices on the subject, that is why i posted in this section, so i could hear individuals own preferences :wink:
We welcome questions, views and opinions from members on the subject of resort transfer options, but in the relevent topic, which is the one linked to up above.

sorry david for being defiant :wink:

do you know of any websites where they do cheap accomodation, that you could reccomend :?:
try benidorm spotlight ,aquirium 2, u must book 4 nights cost approx £51 for both of you,also thomsons accomodation only are showing RIO park full board at £40per room for 2 people.good luck kev.
I always use http://www.beninter.com for our apartments you can book your tranfer with them as well. A return transfer in a cab will cost €126, the taxi will take you to the office to collect your keys then on to your apartment and will be there at the agreed time to take you back to the airport. I have used them for years without any problems.
Hi superstar ... I am referring only to Resort Transfer discussion being posted in the other topic, accommodation enquiries and opinions are of course welcome in this thread.

As for the cheap accommodation websites which you ask about, in addition to any personal recommendations which you are given here, please also check out the Costa Blanca section of our Travel Directory (link in top right hand corner). Listings there are based mainly on members' feedback here on the forums during the past year.

A little help please guys.

I'm about to book flights with bmibaby to Alicante for 27th July, returning on the 7th August.

Will then take a coach to Benidorm in the hope of finding a cheap apartment, or a pension, b+b etc or even a lodge on a campsite for the duration of our stay.

There will be myself, the missus, and our 13 yr old daughter.

Do you think there will be a problem finding accomodation on the day of arrival?

The coach from Alicante to Benidorm is 6 euros each and arrives in Benidorm just after 4pm.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to stay?

Any recommendations for holiday insurance? I was thinking of the Post Office.

Thanks guys.
Aaaagh!! Change of plan!!

Just found cheaper flights to Malaga!!

Same questions as above then.

Wrong forum I know, but given a choice of Malage, Fuengirola, or Torremolinos, where would you chose?

Thanks again guys.
Hi Steve ... now that plans have changed, you would be best checking out our Costa del Sol forum, and posting any questions about those resorts there.

Recommendations and discussion about travel insurance can be found in our General Holiday Enquiries forum.

Thanks Dave, i'll pop over there shortly.
EDIT: Thanks ukdenny ... but Steve is now visiting Costa del Sol instead.
David HT Mod
Im in benidorm at the minute and the bus from alicante airport has gone up to 7 euro :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.