Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
DIY To Benidorm
77 Posts
We have bookted two weeks at the lavante beach apartments in January wich is the time of year we allways go, five adults in a two bed for £651.90p for all five of us.I could not beat that for flights transfer ect.
I dont think you can ever give a difinative answer as too which method is going to be cheaper! It depends on many factors, the makeup of your party for example, adults/kids ratio, how long in advance you are able to book your flights - & how late you feel comfortable leaving your accomodation booking until. The size of your party, whether you want a particular hotel or area to stay in, or dont mind trying somewhere new! For someone travelling on their own as I frequently do, I can always manage to get a better deal DIY than through a complete package. Even now I can get a DIY break in Beni £150 cheaper in mid August, than I can booking a package, this is not in the same hotel but in the same standard of hotel, and thats without the benifit of having books my flight when they first came out. This obviously is'nt always possible, but in my case it is right now. Its all horses for courses, and also depends on how much time you've got or are prepared to invest in shopping around. There's certainly times when a package will prove more cost effective or convenient too, I also book packages if I definately want to stay in a particular hotel at a certain time of year...the companies quite often manipulate the prices to ensure this is the only option...supply and demand. I think over the years competition has ensured that in the main tour companies have provided a reasonably good and cost effective package...I apologise hear to people with young kids who have to take hols in the peak season!!!....thats why they have been so popular...but since the advent of the Internet and Budget Airlines theres a new kid on the block now...which has also made tour companies sit up and take notice, and refine there packages somewhat...not always to the benefit of customers either. Theres room for both, probably always will be, because at the end of the day, we all like different things, thanks goodness though that we now have more of a choice and a competitive market. :) Best Regards - Taggy
Three days ago returned from Beni.
Costs as follows.
2 returns Glasgow/Alicante with Globespan £140.
11 nights at Hotel CanFali, double room £200.
Taxi each way from airport £90.
Total £430 for 12 days.
(Add £1,500 spending money :omg )

Loved it.
Hello Spottycat
Your holiday was a brilliant deal--- it makes mine look expensive!
The Hotel CanFali is in a lovely position with great views, I have never really noticed it.
Booking in a more typically Spanish hotel seems to give the best prices.

Thanks also to Taggy for your eloquent summing up on the subject.
I am still satisfied with the deal I got but find all the opinions interesting and we can all learn from them.
Regards
Sue
Hi Spottycat.

I would be interested to hear your views about the hotel Canfali
I have always fancied this hotel myself.

SanJi x
I have just been asking Spottycat the same thing across in the Hotel Canfali thread. :lol:

Please reply across in that thread Spottycat, as it will be easier for future visitors to the hotel to find your opinions in that topic.

Many thanks
David :wave
I have just been asking Spottycat the same thing across in the Hotel Canfali thread

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Blind as a bat today and never saw that thread.
Apologies :oops:
SanJi x
And I've just sent a pm...Hot Topic of the Mo!!! :D

Best Regards - Taggy :)

PS ...another plus point for DIY is of course the increased flexibility it brings too!
Wow, such a response.. Will post a report on Thursday with full details.

Had a ball :pele
We booked a diy for end of July kids holidays, for a week staying full board at the ambassador playa were we have stayed before flying from our local airport it has cost about 1100 the exact same holiday with thomson but only half board was 2060 what a saving.

Diane.
We have just booked the flamingo benidorm from coventry to alicante 1 aug to 8 aug daytime flights to flamingo benidorm all inclusive for 2 adults and 2 children costing 800 hotel, 580 flights (just missed out on getting them for 500) 60 pounds taxi to and back airport 40 pounds parking at coventry total costing 1480. thompson price without parking at coventry 2220 a saving of roughly 700 pounds doing it diy not bad for a bit of scouting round.
Have also booked the Flamingo for New Year going 27 Dec to 3 Jan. 2 adults 523 for room all incl and 190 for flight's making it 713 in total I am well chuffed with that price for that time of year.
Have just book Hotel Victoria for 4 nights in Oct £197 for two of us half board, not riduculously cheap, but not bad for a 4star and 30 odd quid cheaper than my beloved Regente for same period!

Have also booked two flights with easyjet for Jan for £128 including insurance, which I'm quite happy with too, not going to book hotel till nearer the time, E'vonne wants to check some out whilst there in Oct, or may go back to Regente then.

Have jibbed out for this August though, I'm going Regente on my own then, and it was £450 booked with Thomsons online package. Me very Happy, plenty to look forward too! :D

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Booked our first DIY for November!
Flights £66 return for both of us and apartment £108 for 6 nights...not bad eh??

(booked week next March the traditional way though... :P )
I am seriously thinking of booking a holiday to Benidorm in November, not a package deal but doing it myself. Can anybody please give me any advise on how I go about it. I am taking my husband with me for the first time and I don't want to make a cock up. I need to know about flights, accommodation and transfers. Have been browsing the net but am frightened that something may go wrong' I will never hear the end of it.
Hi glenamber .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing 4 page Benidorm DIY thread, which may provide some useful tips.

We also have a separate thread with discussion on airport transfers to Benidorm .... please click here.

And in case you haven't seen it, we also have a DIY Holidays discussion forum where you may pick up some general hints and tips from the DIY experts ...please click here.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.