DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
DIY to Rhodes
3 Posts
Hi janjan

We went to Rhodes last year although we went on a package deal.

The airport is near Kremasti which is lovely (not if you don't like low flying aircraft though!)

I would say Lindos is a good hour away from the airport although when you get there it is beautiful.

Taxis are plentiful at the airport. I can't tell you how much it would be, sorry. You could always hire a car for the duration of your holiday or at the start and end of your holiday to get you to your destination and back to the airport again?

Lots to think about there!

Hope you sort something out!

jenny :)
I'm doing DIY to Lindos this Sept as i got a great deal on a flight, £174! I've done DIY and package over the years - accommodation is fairly similar standard either way so i just go for the cheapest option.

I'm not exactly sure on the distance but the journey by taxi is about 40/45 minutes. It depends on what time you arrive (as in the UK, fares go up after midnight) but you'll pay around 50 euros. There's always taxis available outside arrivals and in the main square, Lindos for your return.

Prices vary depending on what you want - cheapest being a bedroom with shared bathroom/kitchen, then studio, apartment and if you're in a crowd or loaded a villa. You can get a decent studio for 2 at 30 euros a night.

There are a few accommodations you can book privately before you travel, try Lindos Suntours or http://www.cwmcaddon.demon.co.uk/lindos.html or http://www.thelindianway.com and click onto the accommodation sections.

Another option is Olympic Holidays or Thomson Holidays websites as they offer accommodation only aswell as packages.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.