General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Jan
we leave in 10 days and my dad faces the same problem as he is on alot of tablets etc so just to cover ourselves we've asked the dr for a letter but ended up with the repeat perscribsion pages :roll:
It would certainly do no harm - but it is very rare that Customs and Immigration ask about medicines. However I do have a doctor's letter for my sleep apnoea compressor, and am delighted to show how it works to UK scanner officials (the only ones who seem phased by it)!
if you're on a lot of prescription medicines, it is worth asking the doctor, but they might charge, your repeat forms are fine in some places, but there are some restricitons on some medicines to certain areas
i have a letter from my doctor, and keep it with my passport.
i am diabetic,and have arthritis so i have needles and insulin,and other prescribed medication.
normaly i havent been asked about it but i was this year,so i was gald to have the letter. :lol:
Hi All

My husband has to have an epi-pen for a reaction against nuts. It has a needle in it. We were told to keep it in the box with his name on it. We have never had any problems even going to USA
both me and my hubby are on a lot of medication, we put all in a tupperware box, with repeat prescriptions, never had any trouble. though we do always put them in our handluggage. just in case.
hope this helps.
choc.
We are both on quite a lot of medication as well. I always take them in the hand luggage - you might not get all your hold luggage or you might get a delay. I must admit that I have never taken either a letter or the repeat prescriptions with me before but think I might take the latter next time we go.

Pippa
Like Pippa I had never really thought about it, and always carry any medically prescribed drugs with me as hand luggage, just in case of delays or lost baggage. I think that the repeat prescription in your wallet/purse sounds like a very good and simple idea.
Tez
You only need a letter if you are carrying controlled drugs such as Morphine.If you are a diabetic you would only need to explain that you had needles in your possession if you were going to use them on the flight.If you have a complex medical condition then a letter from your Doctor or a copy of your repeat prescription would be helpful to explain your condition should you fall ill whilst on holiday and need the services of a local Doctor or hospital.
I had a back operation that went wrong 6 years ago and I take 21 tablets daily. I have never had a problem taking my meds with me, and no one has even asked me about them, so I would not worry.
I have to take lots of different tablets away and I just take my repeat prescription sheet. I use 2 dosette boxes and fill them up with 2 weeks tablets I carry one and my husband carries the other in our hand luggage and I also take extra tablets in their original boxes in case a doctor needs to see them. I find the dosette boxes great.
same with me

i take one lot of tabs in my handbag

give my husband one lot to carry in his pocket

take repeat prescription page with me

we were with my son waiting for the ferry from dover to calais
(i am 56) there were a lot of very elderly people in cars waiting to board
you know when you are waiting people get out of cars and you can have a good old nosey at them
son said if the drugs squad did a raid they would have a great day
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.