Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Did you get a reps report from your rep detailing your complaints?
no, by the time we decided (after 5 days)to make the complaint official we did not see a rep again until we boarded the coach on departure day
In that case, when did you make your complaint, and what steps have you taken to follow it up since your return home? (letters, etc)
I dont know if tour operators work differently but we had a real holiday from hell a few years ago to tennerife. We did fill out a complaint form whilst on holiday with the rep but that conveniently got lost. When we returned we were told as there was no complaint form from the rep at the resort we did not have a case. We produced a fair amount of evidence to back up our claim but still no luck. Tour operators really dig there heals in when it comes to compensation.
Just put it down to experience and avoid that particular place in the future.
Good luck
Whilst members on this site will always try to help you do need to make an official complaint/claim with the tour operator. You could contact Ros - see main page - and see if she is able to help. Yes it may be at the end of the day that you write it off to experience, but, whilst we all know that the TOs in many cases try to wriggle out of their responsibilities they cannot do anything about it if you do not tell them. Some years ago when we could get no help from the rep I emailed the TOs head office. Within 24hrs it was sorted. They do take notice sometimes. You should also consider that you may not be the only one with the same problem.

fwh
We did fill out a complaint form whilst on holiday with the rep but that conveniently got lost.

You normally also get a copy of the reps report to prove you had made the complaint should such a situation arise.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.