Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
what a shame to see this lovely house demolished
i remember seeing it this christmas as i was having a drink in the hole in the wall while i was waiting for midnight mass in stella maris church.
soon there will be nothing left of the old sliema.
the website you gave shows what can be done if the will is there

sahha

alan
What a dreadfull shame, mepa should hang there heads in disgrace at sanctioning such vandalism it's disgusting.
Hello ingliza, I can just see next years headline's, Malta get rid of UNSCO and knock down the Grand Masters Palace and build a new six star hotel on its site.

Dave
I wonder which bonehead decided to do this? :shock: I'm amazed that the planning department in Malta allowed this to happen considering the historic relevance of this property. If this goes on unchecked I think Malta will eventually be like any other 'plastic' med destination and will lose its unique charm!!!!!:no

Trev
Shouldn't be allowed, makes you wonder just how things like this can take place in the face of so much objection.

Sliema2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.