General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Helen like you some of the hotels we have stayed in have these facilities but we have never used them , but it was good to see that others did , and the spa's and beauty salons were quite busy at least the hotel in Tunisia was , i always fancy having my hair done when away but back away at the last minute , in turkey hubby did have his hair cut and also a shave and his ear/nostril hair burnt away he said it was the best thing and even tho we have turkish barbers in the area he wouldn't dream of using one here .
I had a pedicure in Turkey once but that's about it. I'm not really into beauty treatments (I am beautiful enough :rofl ), I would rather sit on the beach.

My husband always goes for Turkish shaves, he doens't even take his razor when we go back to Turkey, he spends hours in the barbers :really
We usually have massages. I've had the odd pedicure/manicure too.
Never used spa, beauty facilities in the hotel. Its not something we look for when choosing accomodation, I do tend to have a little look in when we are passing and there is always people in there.

Lily. x
It's not something I look for but I will use the facilties if available. On a particularly rainy holiday to Thailand I had massages, both Thai and hot stone, facials, pedicures and manicures, I think I had a go at everything that was on offer. The cost though in hotels is usually much more expensive than going to a place down the road. A massage can be welcome though at the end of the day when I'm on a very active holiday.
In Turkey or Tunisia I will use the Haman if there is one in the hotel but more often will end going to a local one more for the atmoshphere and to try and have a chat with the local ladies.
I've never felt comfortable with all that "personal" Malarky. I have nails and eyelashes/brows done at home and I've had the odd massage on holiday but I never feel relaxed enough to enjoy it.

All that low lights/soft music and slow massaging hands does the comlete opposite of what it should for me . :rofl
All that low lights/soft music and slow massaging hands does the comlete opposite of what it should for me

same here...although we did have a foot massage in Thailand..it was ok, but the girl was really nice to Rob and a little bit brutal with me!! :rofl

Don't tend to have many spa facilities on a boat though..
No, it's the last thing I would look for when booking a holiday. Never used any of the facilities. Massage is not for me,not by a complete stranger anyway,I would feel my personal space was being invaded. Same with a Turkish bath. I have considered getting my hair blow dried and straightened but never actually got round to it.
ooh yes :) husband and I always start our holiday with a turkish bath. Then he will have a shave and haircut, ears, nose wax and eyebrow threading. I also have a manicure and pedicure. Last year had semi permanent make up done on my eyebrows (like tattooing) they look fantastic.
I love the whole spa/beauty experience.

hugs la
I have the 'full monty' every time I go to the Far East or Goa, haircut, hair colour, scalp treatments, hot stone massage, Thai massage, pedicure, fish pedicure, threading , waxing, manicure, facials etc etc love it .....so cheap it would be criminal not to ;)
I don't use spas etc but I like to get my hair blowdried just before I return to the UK so I look presentable! In Ibiza where I go every year, there is no hairdresser in the hotel so I've found a nice friendly Spanish salon nearby. Although communication is difficult, somehow they know exactly what to do and always make a fantastic job of it. Anyone else go to local hairdressing salons when they go on holiday?
Came home from Cuba yesterday where we enjoyed 2 beautiful days in the spa. We had a full body massage one day, and I had a facial and hubby a sports massage on the other day. If you booked a treatment you could spend all day there, including beach, pool, steam room, sauna, mist showers, complimentary foot massages and a lovely deck over the sea with sunbeds - heaven! Oh, nearly forgot, had lunch and a bottle of champers delivered to our sunbeds.
It was marvellous Helen. I've been telling hubby for years that I was meant for better things :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.