Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We always stay at the same hotel, so doesn't seem much to add really.
How do you post a review on a hotel not listed? I know I may be missing the obvious, but you are asked to review any listed, but not how to give any new ones.
I have always asked Admin on the Help and Assistance section,and they have added the Hotel to the list.
xx lassi
Thanks lassigirl, I will try that again. When I tried before, and clicked, the notice said it was going to another link(domain) and to click to continue, when I did it was firewalled.
Ask here if you wish moles we'll gladly add it for you from this thread :cheers
Ok. The review is for The Star of the Sea Resort, Benaulim, Goa. Where shall I write it? If you add it to your list of Hotels I can do it from there, but as it's not listed I can't.
I think you should post a review even if you have done one for previous seasons because things change, particularly some of the hotels that have dropped off the tour operators list. Just a confirmation that it's as it was is enough !
We are all grateful to receive information and should be prepared to leave some in return !
Would love to see the report for The Star Of The Sea Resort Benalium...hope its nice????
Point taken Dave, will put a review on when I do my trip report.
Yep, done now thanks. Just had e-mail back from Paul in Benaulim, re us booking two nights in Feb and it is fully booked for all of the month. Oh well, may try Cavellosim. My son and his wife are staying at Star of the Sea this weekend, (which I booked for her birthday, when there in November). Thats if he has recovered from playing football in Candolim yesterday! :cry
Might be just me but the forum as a whole seems much quieter this year.

Papa
I did a review for the Alvares Guest House where I stay, not much to add to my previous reviews but as I started this post I thought I'd better put my money where my mouth is :D
Fizz
Hi fizz,love the sound of your guest house,thinking to give it a try next year the packages are so expensive now,hope all is well x
It is always worth adding a new review even if it's just to say that not a lot has changed. I think people prefer to see a review with a recent date and tend to dismiss ones which are 2-3 years old or older as they think the information is out of date.

Resort reports are valuable too as that is where you can suggest places to eat or visit.

luci :wave
I think that one explanation for a lack of reviews is that, a person can become really possessive about a hotel if it is their favourite place to stay. Selfish, I know but one reason for feeling like that about a place is that when the U.K. tour operators such as First Choice pull out of that hotel leaving just the one, finding accommodation there can become difficult. We know because we had problems getting the weeks we wanted, but still had a lovely holiday.

I don't believe I am the only one who thinks the same. In any case, it won't take much research to find out where we stay each year and will continue to go there because we love it. :D
Yes, I know what you mean sydney - I am only too happy to share info on the guest house where I stay, but then the owner knows I would be quite happy to kip on her sofa for a couple of nights if she was full :rofl Although I am a paying customer, we have become firm friends so I know she will always find a little space somewhere for me :tup Fizz

Had e. mail from Alvares this morning, Mr Doodah has got there safely :tup Hope he adds a little review when he returns.
I forgot to mention, if anyone needs a hotel added that isn't already listed, there is a topic at the top of the Help & Assistance forum where you can request this and provide as much detail as you can so we can find it.

luci :wave
In case people think the review was a bit short, the rest of my report has been placed under 'Resort' info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.