Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Re: Dog Dirt
25 Posts
I also read about the Time Share touts when on my info mission. It appears the majority seem to be Brits?
You will mainly find the timeshare touts along the front in Sliema and hanging around the square in Bugibba, you may also get a car stopping beside you in Bugibba / Qawra ad somebody jumping out asking if you are English, they soon get the message from me when I inform them in a polite manner that I am not English :D

No timeshare in Marsaxlokk and no hassle at all when out walking :tup
This is the first time we haven't seen any in the square Graham they usually pester you there in fact they recognised us from year to year and one of them used to come and chat to us even though he knew we didn't want to know about timeshare (we'd told him enough times). There are more people trying to give you brochures for the hop-on hop-off bus you get fed up with them too. I think they've taken over from timeshare.
You will mainly find the timeshare touts along the front in Sliema and hanging around the square in Bugibba, you may also get a car stopping beside you in Bugibba / Qawra ad somebody jumping out asking if you are English, they soon get the message from me when I inform them in a polite manner that I am not English

Graham
If the weather is rubbish, we're quite happy to go and pretend to be a British holidaymaker (we can never buy one as we're no longer resident in UK) and we've always been paid 50 EUR up front to go and visit a complex. Looks like the going rate at the Radisson is a bit higher :)

We work on the principle that Timeshare sales people have no principles and are happy to lie or twist the facts as it suits them, so we're perfectly happy to use our old UK address and job info when we go and look around.

We've never had any hassle from the touts but we know they will split their "finders fee" to reach their monthly targets. A couple of years ago they were getting 100 EUR for every prospect that went through the door as long as they stayed until the portfolio of timeshare properties came out (after about an hour). Once it gets to that stage, the tout gets paid.

We've always been up front with the touts and they always have with us too. Best to tell them you will go and have a look around but there's no chance of you buying so what will they offer to get you through the door....

Shell
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.