Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Dog Dirt
25 Posts
There's dog dirt all over the paths in Bugibba/Qwara/St. Pauls Bay too Glynis and I wouldn't like to go out at night. We didn't see any in the area you're going but only walked along the front and didn't go on any side streets.
Glynis - we're going for the first time too in April. As responsible dog owners, I detest seeing dog dirt on streets. We're staying in Sliema -hope it's better there!
We've been to Malta several times can't say I've ever seen dog dirt anywhere :que
Go to Cyprus instead.
On the Limassol sea front and beaches dogs are completely banned.
And the lovely long walk out of Paphos along the coast trail - again a complete ban on dogs.
It's wonderful being able to walk without constantly watching your feet.
We've been to Cyprus Bill so fancied a change plus with Malta being small we thought we'd be able to get out and about easily visiting the sights (but don't want those sights to be brown squidgy stuff lol). I can see me not seeing much of Malta as my eyes will be glued to the floor. :yikes
I think you'll be okay in Sliema Helen we didn't see any dogs there and certainly no dog dirt on the pavements when we there a couple of weeks ago.
Why do you think Jean it's only certain resorts where they aren't clearing up the dog doo doo?
I don't know Glynis but we saw a lot of people walking dogs in the Bugibba area.
:think It's still off putting - shame really.
Glynis this is mostly a problem in the Bugibba / Qawra area, where you are going is fine as the rest of the island :tup
I don't think Glynis has mentioned on the forums where she is going. Are you lot psychic?

luci :wave
I don't think Glynis has mentioned on the forums where she is going. Are you lot psychic

:think Yes it is coming to me, hold on the energy is very strong, yes it's coming, wait it begins with z, no no it starts with..M, yes definitely M, let me see concentrate, yes here it comes the crystal ball has revealed it as................ Marsaxlokk
I was right then Graham I hadn't seen any in other parts of Malta wonder why it's only in that area.
Well that's a relief :tongue

I watched 'Place in the Sun' last night and a girl was buying in Gozo. Was I looking at the surroundings - yes - but also eyeing the ground for doo doo. I not only didn't see any dog poo but also the streets looked fairly clean :tup Have put my wellies back in the cupboard.

Am looking forward to Malta actually. It's quite exciting going somewhere new, but also I'm still nervous as well :duh as I don't know my way around yet.....Am such a pain sometimes :rofl Poor Sanji was tortured last year with our first visit to Carihuella, so beware I might be back on here with more questions!! (Be prepared for mithering, Graham and Jean)
Glynis - we're going at the beginning of April. I'll let you know on my return whether you need to pack a couple of poop a scoops :rofl
Graham and I are here for you Glynis if you have any more questions. The weather's been awful since we were there I think it's rained most days and been cold (not as cold as here though). My son and daughter-in-law go tomorrow so I hope the sun shines for them.
Thanks Helen :tup Although I won't be scooping any poop :really Will be walking like a someone demented trying to side-step.

Where are your son and DIL staying Jean?

(Just realised if anyone googles dog dirt they might end up here :rofl )
My parents have been at the Soreda Hotel since 3rd Feb and when I spoke to them on Wednesday afternoon, it sounded like it had rained everyday so far. Not all day, but it's definitely been the worst weather they've had in 12 years of visiting Malta at the same time every year.

About to give them a quick call now to see if it's bucked up any.

Will report back!

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Weather update: still a bit ropey and has been overcast but yesterday they did manage to spend some time on a sunlounger!

They also went on a timeshare visit to the Radisson Hotel and got 60 EUR and a bottle of wine for their trouble. They said it's a lovely hotel but too far out of anywhere to consider taking a holiday there.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.