Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
DOLMEN HOTEL
8 Posts
Hi dannic,

HERE is a list of restaurants that offer a vegetarian option.
Although not on the list, you could try Venus a small restaurant on a corner, just off the main Bugibba square, opposite the Primera hotel, 10 minutes walk from the Dolmen. They do excellent steaks and apart from what is on the regular menu, they also have "specials." I am sure they will have a veggie option for you.
I have never used the spa at the Dolmen, but here is a link to their site.
http://www.myoka.com

Edited to shorten link, which was stretching page displays
David HT Mod
hi dannic,i spent a week at the new dolmen hotel in august 2005 and made use of the spa facilites during my stay,the indoor pool is really nice,lovely warm water,ideal for this time of year with the sea temp a little cool for a swim without the use of a wet or dry suit, the spa can be a little crowded at times as its open to the public, ingliza is quite right with his/her restaraunt recommendation,the food and the staff are really excellent, good prices also. two other places you might like to try for a meal are, grannies, & fat harrys,both near bugibba square on the sea front,i'm sure that you will enjoy your stay at the new dolmen,high floor sea view rooms are best,regards,tiny6862.
Thanks very much - cant wait to go - even if it is only for 5 days!
I've added this hotel to our review site.

If anyone has stayed here please add your review HERE

Many Thanks
Holiday was great.

Couple of points - nearby restaurant that was fab is the "ta pawla". out of reception, straight up the hill , at the crossroads take a right and its opposite the san antonio hotel mercure. selection is fab, traditional maltese and italian. very reasonable prices and wine list is excellent and service is with a smile! suitable for veggies and meat eaters.

Taxi from airport was 8LM and would recommend "islander" - Mario was great.

Hired a car for 2 days and expored the island. i am sure we found places even the locals dont know exist !!!!

Husband loved the scuba diving - dived with Buddies.

Time share touts were very annoying.

Bus rides were "interesting" - one driver was a maniac and was aiming for the land speed record.
Sounds like you had a fab time.Maltese bus drivers-dont ya love em :D
"Bus rides were "interesting" - one driver was a maniac and was aiming for the land speed record"

Only the one! you were lucky. Worst of them though is when you are in front of one and driving a hire car. They seem to think it's a race and try to overtake you at any chance and even when there is no chance!!! :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.