Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hello,

I have never been to Riu Bambu but you can find some up to date reviews here.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g147293-d150849-Reviews-Riu_Bambu-Punta_Cana_Dominican_Republic.html

The hotel is in the east of the island, you are correct it is in Punta Cana.Here is a map of all the hotels in that area.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/304320/photo153.html

Hope this of help to you.

Angie.
Hi, we fancied the Bambu ourselves but have opted for Bayahibe and the Dreams La Romana. I don't think y0u'll go far wrong with the Riu chain. We've stayed in their hotels in Bulgaria, Mexico and also in the North of Dom Rep at the Merengue. We've had fabulous holidays in all. I wouldn't hesitate to book the Bambu if I was you, it has the added advantage of being able to use the facilities of its two neighbouring sister hotels. I'd say Go for it :sun2
since looking at reviews it seems that the Bambu may need a bit of a refurb!!!!, other than that dont know what other one to goto as this seems to have excellant reveiws apart from being shabby!!!

Thanks for everyones help, any more would be appreciated.
Hi Sandie please book hoilday it sounds good to me? :sun2 :cheers
If anyone recently returned can update our reviews, please do so HERE :tup
we are going to the riu bambu in october, was just wondering if ayone could give us some information on what the hotel/staff/food etc is like??
we have read mostly good reviews about this hotel.
Hi,
my husband and I went to riu bambu dec 27th 2007 for new year and it was our honeymoon.....We had a fantastic time..
hotel is superb clean in every way food was exceptional just ask and they will cook you something if there nothing you want ...nothing a bother to them..our room was great in no need for upgrading in fact were round each week painting the scuffs on the walls in the rooms and corridors....swimming pool was fab and swim up bar was just the making of the holiday could sit there in the shade and have a drink...just a two min walk and you one the beach...you can also use the other hotels in the complex which we used to go to different one to have our lunch... entertainment team were just amazing these guys work so hard they never stop from morning till middle of night... don';t know where they get all the energy...we have no complaints what so ever so much so we going back in august again we just loved it ... so don;t hesitate to book if you thinking about it

Katy
Hi There
my husband and i stayed at the Bambu in Oct 2007. We had a great week there, but we have stayed in Riu hotels frequently so we knew what to expect.
It's really nice to have the use of the other hotels if you want a change. Unfortunately i feel the Bambu is getting ready for a refurb but so are a lot of the Riu's (Riu tequila just been done) i only notice this beacuse i've stayed in several. However, this does not impact on the cleanliness of the resorts which is second to none. You cannot walk from your room without seeing someone cleaning pathways, floors, cutting back trees etc
The fact that we keep rebooking Riu is testament to the great service and facilities in the Riu resorts. We stayed at the grand Palladium resort last year which has more frills than the Riu but we missed the friendly, approachable style of the Riu resorts.
The food is really varied and the staff cannot do enough to help you. There's lots of things going on around the pool in the daytime if you want to get involved and the shows at night are great fun too. I'm sure you and your kids will have a great time - what's not to like!! We have been going to Riu resorts since my daughter was 10 (she's nearly 15 now) and we just cant keep away. They've got everything you need for a fabulous holiday.
We are sticking two fingers up to the swine flu and going to the Riu Tequila this year!
Any specific Qs please ask!
we stayed at the riu tequila in June 2007 and we absolutley loved it, its just had a refurb which they was just starting while we was there.. the food at this hotel is absolueltey 1st class! Better then the Yucatan as we ate there once at lunch

We also had the use of the other riu's apart from the palace, although if clever enough you can sneak in round the back through the beach and turn your wrist band inside out..

Mexico was our 1st carribean holiday and 1st all inclusive.. we loved every minute of it, the people are so friendly and the hotel we feel had a better atmosphere than the other riu's, infact there was people from the palace coming over to use the tequila especially at night time as the entertainment was better !

We are kind of guessing that the bambu will be similar to the tequlia in way of service ect.. we are just a little concerned about the quality and choice of the food, as in the tequila it was out of this world, we just hope it compairs to the tequila in the food department.. also a little wary of the dominacan people, im wondering what there temperment is like, are they friendly ect.. we loved the mexicans they can't do enough for you and they genuinely mean it, they love there jobs and love the tourists!

I think im more wary about the domincans because of the crime out there, and not being able to leave the resorts area is a bit scary, and a bit of a worry for us..

If its anything like the tequila then i will be over the moon!

You have made a very good choice in choosing the tequila, i wouldn't hesitate in going back, we just wanted a change this year and to see a bit more of the world, the only let down with mexico was the beach area is quite corroded away due to the hurricains, but the sea is the most beautiful thing you will ever see, its so blue its hard to explain!

We really like the riu hotels, just hope the bambu is just as good as the tequila
i've been pricing up Rui to, thnaks for all the advice i too was alittle worried. i've just posted a new topic myself - as i'll be going tothe bambu for a wedding so any info wud be great!
hi, i am going to the riu bambu in the dominican republic in november and cant wait. i have read all the reviews and it sounds fab. i have a couple of questions i am hoping somebody can answer please. Q1: what are the kids clubs like my children will be 7 and 5? Q2: is there any evening entertainment for the children before the adults and if not do they mind if there are children around. Q3: do the pools have opening and closing times or can you go in when you want, like first thing in the morning say around 6.30- 7ish. thankyou in advance for any replys. we have never been to the caribbean before or all inclusive so not really sure what to expect x
Hi Sue,
I've taken it upon myself to try and answer your queries although I've never been to the Bambu. Based on my experiences at the Riu hotels in Mexico and the North of the Dominican Republic there will be plenty for your little ones to do. The Rius have great kiddies clubs and there will also be entertainment/dancing for them before the main shows in the evenings. They are also more than welcome to stay for the main shows. As for the pools, they generally treat them with chemicals and clean them first thing in the mornings and late evenings. However, you will probably be able to use them from around 7.30 -8am. I think they also like to have the pools empty by about 8pm.
Hope this will act as a guide until somebody who's actually been to the bambu posts. You'll have a brilliant time, I'm sure!!
Merged with existing topic. There is an older topic HERE which has some information.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.