Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
stayed in the doreta beach in may it is okay as a base,
Food was okay cannot fault the hotel.
So far as the Doretta Beach goes...

It's a good, basic, all inclusive family hotel. We went twice in '02 and '03 - some people go back every year.

Very close to airport so quick and easy transfers with the children. And not far to go back into Rhodes old town for a wander in an evening.

Shingle beach, not so good for sandcastles. Large swimming pool is quite deep all over, little pool for small kids. Lots of sunbeds around the pool, on the beach and in the grounds - but in summer they got 'bagged' very early. This may be better in September.

Food is a good mix of typically Meditteranean holiday fare and Greek options. Snack bar does chips, salads, burgers, toasties. All your local drinks and scoop ice cream included. Bar staff are quite inventive with making cocktails from the limited selection of spirits available on the AI deal.

Sea can get a bit choppy as this is the windy (Aegean) side of Rhodes.
I agree if cheap n cheerful is your bag the Doreta is fine. It's a comfortable, well run hotel just not luxurious.
Most of the complaints seem to be about other holidaymakers and the lack of control/supervision their children get when AI alcohol is on offer! Given that 20th September is out of the school holidays i imagine it will be a quieter time to visit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.