Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Driving Licence
9 Posts
I don't know, but my son would like to do the same. He is only 19 years old though. Do you have to be 21 years old or would he be ok at 19 years old with full car licence and insurance ?
:?:
Irrespective of what the Insurance company would want, the Police or Guardia Civil, if they stop you, will expect you to produce the lot, so bring the lot.
The minimum age for car hire here is 21,unless somebody out there knows any different.............................
You will need both parts as the card does not show your driving record this infomation is on the paper part
I have the old style driving license which still shows points on it dispite them elapsing....i have not changed it as I dont want a photo ID.
Will this be accepted....what is the general rule?

Mark
markas
if you are on about the pink one then yep thats ok ,still use mine
:lol: Mines the old green one and i have had no problems hiring cars out there.
i have used both parts on different occasions , the rental company are so layed back they dont care as long as you got passport id and a credit card to back your license up. but look about as prices vary between lenders and times of season .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.