Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
chris
the answer to your question is yes but only in certain areas
once you are in the main duty free area there are various bars leading off it
there is a large retaurant bar area which we found quite easily at 5 am in the morning on a 2hr stopover on the way to australia for a drink and a smoke then moved onto an irish type bar which also allows smoking
there are also some smoking rooms but without character- after that verywhere is totally non smoking
dont forget to leave some time for some cheap duty free shopping !!
Due to an incident this morning with aBangladeshi Airbus 310 that came to rest at far end of runway with escape shoots deployed after having to abort departure from Dubai Airport.

Closure for 12 hours expected. This will have a horrendous knowck on effect for Emirates passengers - many who connect at Dubai for onward flights.

Nivsy
Dear O Dear Its The Main Hub For Emirates Too :? :roll:
Undercarriage collapsed on landing ( so we were told) Had to cancel my flight from Qatar.
Flying from Glasgow it requires a long stop over on the homeward journey. 10 Hrs. either at Mumbai or Dubai. We have opted for Dubai next trip. Have any of you used the Marhaba lounge at Dubai and if so what was it like.
Mike
very good, just pay on entry.
Nice leather chairs, about 6 internet stations, TV, papers, fridge full of beer and soft drinks, some hot meals in "keep warm" tubs, nuts, crisps tea, coffee etc.

10 hours is a long time though.....you might want to check out the day room prices of a room in the hotel above the shops. Added advantage of swimming pool and sauna.
Who are you flying with check and see if you can get a hotel room 10hrs is a long time in a lounge. There is a hotel attached to dubai airport.
A couple of years ago I travelled with my sister to Australia via Dubai. She has bad arthritis (now has had 2 knee replacements) and I arranged assistance for her as she is unable to walk the distance between gates or terminals.
It was with Emerites and they were fantastic. They have a room with a receptionist etc and tea coffee soft drinks etc as well as some snacks were complimentary. Comfortable seating with TV etc best I have ever been in. On the return journey they were also fantastic.

Good to fly with also in my opinion.

Sue
We are flying BA to Dubai and connecting on to Goa with Air India both are
in Terminal 1,how far would we need to walk between each gate,concerned
as we have only 2hrs from landing.
thanks annx
We always leave at least 20 min.as depending on which gate it can be a very long walk indeed. Also during the night period it is very very busy, and if you are arriving at one of the remote stands it can be a 20 min. bus trip to the terminal, followed by queues to go thtough the security scanning, before you even get into the terminal !
Alan
Thanks Alan would you have any idea as to where BA land?
tried to change our flight by one day but the charge is £235
to change our out bound flight from Heathrow :yikes ,we are
cutting it fine but will have to take a chance,at least we can
go straight to transfer,s so no queues hopefully,we booked Air
India as they are the only airline flying direct into Goa,just 3hrs
where others are taking up to 16hrs.with stops.
thanks annx
Not sure where BA finishes up, we are always on Emirates flights and assumed as Dubai is it's base, that they would be given preference, but in actual fact we land at far distant stands as often as at the terminal, so mabey it's pot luck where you finish up at any specific time.
Alan
Hi Alan, have phoned Air India and was told we should make it in the time we have,
and if BA are late arriving we were told to ask for a letter to confirm,then we could
be on the next available flight :que
we have now pre booked our seats so we are in 2 nd row of economy so hopefully
get of the plane quick,cost £40 but worth it :)
thanks again
annx
You should be fine, as I said the main problem is getting through the security, to get into the main concourse. We use mainly Emirates or other Middle East Airlines and try at all costs to keep well away from BA, their 31" leg room in economy is deplorable, and now acting like Ryanair and stinging you for booking seats says it all really, it will be a long time before they get my custom again.
Alan
I agree with what you say about BA ,we are not tall :) so OK with the leg room
we used our BA Air miles and had a good deal so must not grumble with the £20 per
seat ,on our return from Goa we have plenty of time so not booking those seats
thanks
annx
2 hours should be plenty of time we have made a connecting flight in dubia in 45 mins
thanks sheppo,feel a lot better now,we have 1hr 45mins just hope our flight
from Heathrow will be on time
annx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.