Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Will ask technical advice ;) to have a look for you

Kath x
Thanks Kath.:thanks Briar said she had an idea but suggested I asked over here again.
I sent you a test email this afternoon. Can you confirm receipt please.

Thanks

Van
Received safely and I replied to you by e-mail and PM and now here Van as I've just found your post. Still no e-mail notifications though so I guess it is giving you a bit of a headache :scratch:
hi im not receiving email notifications ..i think its been since the change,,,any advice
many thanks
robbie
Robbie.. go into your profile and check the user setting [it may have no e-mails ticked]
I still haven't got this sorted. Noting your reply to Robbie I've had another look at my profile and can't actually see anything to tick or click. However, I did find this:
Below is a list of forums and topics you are subscribed to. You will be notified of new posts in either. To unsubscribe mark the forum or topic and then press the Unwatch marked button.
Watched forums
You are not subscribed to any forums
Does this mean I've got to make a note of every forum I've posted on and mark them individually? There used to be a simple box in your profile to tick to receive notification of posts on every forum you had posted on and you could simply click on the bottom of the e-mail notification if you were no longer interested in that particular subject. It used to work perfectly but, as I said, I stopped receiving notification months before the change-over. :que
In User control panel - click board preferences - then choose - edit posting defaults - there's an option there for "Notify me upon replies by default" try changing that to 'yes' and hit submit.

I don't use this function but it's worth a try until someone says different :tup
I finally managed to track down that part of the site and, guess what, - "Yes" was already marked :que . Back to the drawing board I think. My missing e-mails are begining to look like the saga of the Marie Celeste. :D
I take it everyone affected has checked that they haven't gone into their Junk or Spam folder?

luci :wave
wizard
hi im still having problems with the email notification,,i am still not recieving them,,i have checked my settings and the correct boxes are ticked,,this has all happened since the switch,,please anymore advice as now i have to keep checking in all the posts i have replied in,,regards
robbie :que
You and I both Robbie. :que I know Van has been trying to sort it out but so far no luck. Like you, I have ticked all the appropriate boxes, though, unlike you, my troubles started long before the change-over. Strangely enough, there is no problem whatsoever on another similar forum. :duh
  • Edited by luci HT Mod 2008-02-14 13:08:48
    Minor re-wording
Hi,

In Van's absence, I've asked Admin to contact our server provider to establish whether there is a mailer problem.

Mark :)
aslemma
exactly the same as you ,this one i get no email replies but the other i do,,,very strange????
Just to let you all know. There is a problem with email notifications. I know for some of you its been going on for sometime. We are trying to tackle the issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sarah
I had given up hope of ever getting this sorted Sarah so the news you are still trying to tackle the problem is encouraging. I've been many months without e-mails and really look forward to getting them again.
I have just received emails for PM's sent to me over the past few days. I hope that all members are now receiving them although we did have a problem with this affecting some members and not others and that may still be the case.

luci :wave
I've just had nineteen e-mail notifications ( all at the same time :shock: ) of replies to topics I was watching. It's as if the server has been storing them and has let them all out in one mighty burp !! :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.