Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Your in for a treat!! On Baga beach they do a stations of the cross, carrying a huge crucifix, and stop at each beach shack for one of the stations. Everyone is on holiday, even the shack boys!
so does that mean we cant go to the beach on easter sunday?? if the shack boys are not working? :?
We were there last easter, even though our shack closed at 1600hrs (or may have been a little earlier) some of the shack boys stayed to look after those still on the beach, however we respected the fact that it was easter sunday and they were closing so went early too. You sure do see some sights during the day though, there were loads of girlie fights amongst the very dunken (not locals I don't think) men very amusing it was all slapping and pulling hair. There was another that was so drunk he fell asleep on the sand for at least an hour while his mates buried him they were all giggling like school children it was so funny to watch.

Have fun we are going earlier this year so will miss it all.

Donna
XX
Thats ok if the shacks close about 4pm, thats what time we usually go for a walk and back to our hotel to get ready for the evening. also my son likes a nap around that time so we usually take him back to the hotel for a nap before we go out.
Im looking forward to it, sounds great, only downside is i wont be home for the easter eggs :) im still a big baby at 23 lol
A few years ago we went to Calangute at Easter. Think we stayed the Silent Retreat and the hotel gave all the guests marzipan Easter eggs, hand decorated with little yellow cotton wool chicks and icing flowers. So possibly you won't have to miss out on the Easter eggs. Mind you with the bird flu thing maybe sweetie eggs are the only ones you'll get!
Gail
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.