Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
A lesson to anyone then, if booking seat only with a low cost airline and if there's any possibility you may want or need to cancel - don't add your baggage or seat choice on at the time of booking. Add it on nearer to your departure as most low costs allow this to be added separately at a later date.

A better option than having to take the airline to court methinks. You may get a District Judge who might not be quite so sympathetic...

I wonder if this recent ruling will open up a number of claims now - could be a good case for a class action if a solicitor gets their hands on it fast enough.
The claim was that the terms and conditions were unfair in respect that they held onto to the baggage and seat costs when the claimant decided to cancel . He was happy to pay the cancellation fee ( £30 per flight ) and the credit card fee , but thought that Easyjet not refunding his baggage and seat costs was unfair .
Easyjet argued that he had agreed to its terms and conditions as their defence , the judge did not agree , he ruled they were unfair ( the T&CS) about not refunding baggage and seat costs . Seems a very fair view IMO and I can't see why any other judge would not think the same .
Perhaps Easyjet will change their T&Cs in this respect ?
cyprus100 wrote:
- don't add your baggage or seat choice on at the time of booking. Add it on nearer to your departure as most low costs allow this to be added separately at a later date.

Ryanair charge a baggage premium to add cases during the 'manage my booking process' if not done at the initial booking stage.

TFS1
Robbing gits!

Now I know why I've never booked with Ryanair....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.