General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I think it means they can't believe you booked that hotel! :rofl
Only joking :tup
Well, it was a lot cheaper than the rooms without (!) so you could be right :lol:
I'm not 100% certain but I know when I have booked with medhotels (and possibly alpha rooms) in the past the (!) shows when you book a holiday when they are offering EBD (Early booking discount). So I think it is just warning you the price you have got the room for is for a limited period and will increase if you leave it and book after a certain date. What agents did you use?
annie

I have a friend in Spain and when he writes an email to me he uses a PC loaded with the Spanish version of Windows and a keyboard for a Spanish user. The characters on it are arranged slighty differently and it has a few others that we don't have in the UK.

Every time he quotes anything I get '!' instead of the quotation marks. At the beginning of what he quotes I get the '!' and the end of the quote the exclamation mark is upside down.

Are you seeing them in an email by any chance?

bill
Hi :wave: thanks for the replies - It was on the youtravel website not an email - was hoping it was EBD but as we're going in May wasnt sure? Had another look after we booked though and (!) had gone and the price doubled so fingers crossed we've got a bargain :clap
it means that there's a condition to your booking. either there is some sort of restriction to that room, i.e not with diabled access or something like to that affect.

hope this helps, and hope im right.

22nd June 09- 3rd July 09- ULTIMATE LADS HOLIDAY!
cant wait
EBD denotes the fact that you have booked the holiday early and thus qualified for early booking discount - not the month you travel. Therefore the (!) denotes a restriction in that the price you have paid is only available to you because you have booked early. So in that respect I would agree with JoeJustice that it denotes a restriction of some type.
Thanks we'll just have to see when we get there I suppose. As long as the sun's shining & the drinks are flowing, we'll be happy :sun2 :cheers
PS Only booked it 12 weeks before the date we travel so that's why I didn't really think it was early enough to be EBD?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.