Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Umm well from my part of France we're talking 600€ for starters when I last looked the fares up on the (highly unreliable) sncf website ....................
Darren. I recently flew Easyjet to Palma Mallorca,and the aircraft did a right turn out of Bristol instead of a left turn over Weston which I have come to experience on all flights,Palma Malaga Faro Alicante.
The return flight path was different too.The aircraft didnt fly over Alcudia but did a U turn after takeoff,almost doubling back to Palma, I saw the aiport out the left hand side.
Is it because of a route to avoid other aircraft.
I try and identify places on the ground and try and search them out on google earth.Is there any way I can get coordinates of flight paths. regards pipefitter.
pipefitter,

You probably took off using the oposite runway to normal. We've had easterly winds on some days over the last month or two rather than the usual westerly's. Aircraft always take off in to the wind for safety reasons to you'll have banked the oposite way on take off because you took off in the oposite direction to normal. Upon approach and landing, you'll have flown a downwind leg (u-turn) to line up for the runway in to the wind. Prevailing winds are from the west, but some days they are from the east so nothing out of the ordinary. You can get an idea of flight path using Great Circle Mapper, but that won't give you lat / long for waypoints

Darren
Have been trying to book flights via easyjet website, all is OK until I get to the insurance section, I click "remove" (as I have my own insurance) and with that the screen goes blank and I can go no further, howver, if I accept the insurance, I can progress to book the flight!!!!! Anyone else experiencing problems or any advice on how to get around this. Thanks, Scoyas.
Hiya,

I have just gone through a booking process & it worked fine for me, maybe it was a glitch in their system.

Sorry, don't know what to try though if not working.

Deb.
Anyone any clues as to when the Summer 09 flights are going to be released?
Last year it was 02 november, Does anyone think they might be more expensive or less than last year because of the recession??
Easyjet to start new Copenhagen route

Easyjet is to start flights between Gatwick and Copenhagen following the collapse of Scandinavian carrier Sterling Airways.

The UK budget airline is to run a daily service starting on January 15, with tickets going on sale on November 15. Frequency is likely to be raised for next summer.

Prices have not yet been announced.

The new route will mean that the Danish capital will be served by Easyjet from both Gatwick and Stansted where three flights a day are operated.

The airline also starts a Gatwick-Helsinki service next week (November 3).

UK regional manager David Osbourne said: "The Nordic countries offer considerable growth opportunities."

With permission from Travelmole
Summer 2009 fares from Liverpool now online !! :tup
Summer 2009 flights now online from Bristol. :)
Hi all,

I just found this regarding the release of summer 09 Easyjet flights on another site:

(Text removed)

Hope it is ok to post, it may help some people.

Deb.

EDIT: Sorry Deb, I had to remove it as it is most likely infringement of that website's copyright
David HT Mod
Hi debdon,
Any chance you could send me the url for the site by private message please? - could be useful for next Winter flight release. Thanks in anticipation. :tup
Hi Sagres,

I have just sent you pm with details - only hope it is right.

Still worth checking on their own site daily though ;)

Deb
Well they were spot on with the Liverpool ones today; thanks for the details. :tup
This is where I found it if anyone else wants it.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/269121/easyjet-summer-2009-prices-out-toda/

You are most welcome Sagres, glad to be of help (I hope anyway) :)
What time did they release the Bristol flights.I looked 6am this morning nothing.Logged on at 5pm tonight got returns to Malaga £166 Sunday to Sunday last week in July.I think they went up a bit when I was trying to decide between a Sat or Sunday flight.Anyone got it cheaper
Hi,

I was waiting for Easyjet to publish their summer timetable from Liverpool. But we want to fly to Ibiza in June, and they are saying that this route doesn't start till 10th July. Never flown Easyjet to Ibiza, is this the norm, or do they usually fly earlier, does nayone know?
Just to say how disappointed I am by Easyjet's winter schedule because they've cut all the lines I usually take - Basel to Stansted, Basel to Luton and Basel to Liverpool. I think a lot of their summer destinations will also be less frequent than in previous years ............ or start later in the season than previously. Just my tuppence worth ................
Did anyone get a bargain when easyjet released their summer 09 flights?
I paid £132 to go to Palma in May from Liverpool. not bad I thought.
I paid a lot more last year and I had to go from manchester.
Pleasantly surprised with next year's fares; return flights for two people to Faro end of August - £135. Was expecting £200 or thereabouts !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.