Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
El Delfin Verde
5 Posts
hola ciders
approx how much will it cost you to drive there and back, in ferry crossings, toll road , hotel and gasolina, cant see it being cheap, but it does offer you a bit more freedom i suppose
As we are going for three weeks, it would be nice having the car, plus i'm not totally fussed on the cost

I work it out as around £500-£600 all in for travel, tolls, petrol, chunnel, overnight stays, etc. That's based on two week in Spain, and another week probably in La Rochelle region of France
I stayed on El Delfin Verde approx 6-7 years ago now and have never had the desire to return unlike La Siesta in CDP or Cala Gogo in Playa D'Aro.
There is nothing particularly wrong with the site, it was the location I didn't like as there was nothing within walking distance.
There is a very nice pool but this did not have any sunbeds, maybe this could have changed but it really was a minus point for us.
There is the beach alongside the site which was OK but not nice enough that I spent anytime on it, we still drove out to other beaches.
It had an excellent supermarket, the restaurant was good and there was a wonderful icecream stall that sold heaps of yummy flavours.
Of course I know that there will plenty of people that will love the place and return every year but that's my take on it.
I would also add that we holidayed near La Rochelle in August 2007 and the weather was a little unreliable, think UK summers. When it was hot it was very hot :sun2 but we had at least four spells of rain, one very heavy lasting all day. It is a really nice part of France though.
TeCe ... i think i agree with you. It looks nice enough, but i do think the location puts me off, it's very remote
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.