Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Not much change. The Congress got in again, with the support of various independent parties. It took them a month to name the cabinet, as everyone was jostling for position, but in the end most of the ministers were the same, just moved to a different post. The previous power minister did such a fantastic job of enuring uninterrupted power supply (ha! this monsoon the power has been off as much as it has been on) that he is now the Chief Minister.

I suspect that the crackdown on the availability of long term visas for foreigners will continue. A new committeee has been set up to "deal firmly with the foreigners engaged in criminal activities and drug trade."
According to the papers today all foreigners will have to carry their passports with them at all times.Failure to do so may lead to deportation.I can see alot of problems ahead.

john
What a great idea jcbrum, just hope I don't fall foul of any bag snatchers! Starting to wonder if they really want us there at all :?:
Well I'm pleased the elections are over I hate those 'dry' days . Beer doesn't taste the same out of a teapot.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.