Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
We have recently moved to Tenerife and we came with two suitcases and the dog. We sold everything with our house in yUK.

We have had to buy everything new and we found that Martinez chain of electrical stores the best. We have bought everything, from TV's, iron, toaster, kettle,chest freezer absolutely everything. We found some things cheaper than the yUK i.e. TV's, freezer and other things perhaps a couple of pound dearer so it balances it's self out in the end.

We have visited a couple of these stores one in Adeje and the other in Chafiras, there is also another electrical place along by the Martinez store in Chafiras but the name escapes me at the moment, you can't miss it though it is only a few doors along

Hope this helps
i bought 2 plasma tv's for my bar from martinez in las chaf. after about 10 days one packed in !!! i returned it, and was told that because it was over 7 days old they wouldnt swap it...... to make matters worse it was over new year.... so needless to say as i needed it for karaoke at the years busiest time, it was a slight inconvenience!!!
i had to send it to santa cruz for repair, and got it back around the end of Jan (minus the remote and cables i sent back as asked to do so). as you can imagine i wasnt happy !!!!!! buyer beware !!!!
Hairyhamster

Sorry to hear that, we bought three LCD tv's from them they were all delivered the day they said they would be and the next day their engineery man called to fit them all to the walls requested and they supplied the wall brackets at no extra charge. I even had to insist several times that he took the tip that I gave him when he was leaving. He kept saying in broken English 'no I get wages'.

Also to add to my previous post, as I said we did buy quite alot of things from them and my husband asked for a discount, he always does when paying cash for anything, they said they couldn't give us a discount but we could choose three items for nothing, they gave us a deep fryer , toasted sandwich maker and juicer free.
Electrocris in El Camison have a good range, (opposite Tiger Tiger).
electrocris are very expensive compared to many other places!
We bought our apt in Oct last year and got most of our electric stuff from Martinez (the one next to Boom furniture) However we did get some (hoover,Hairdryer,stem iron) from the Hiper Trebol. We found both places to be quite reasonable.

Karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.