Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
can't say I can remember seeing any electrical shops in the areas we were...but I guess in Limmasol and Pafos there would be...
I've never done the exercise, so I couldn't be certain, but it is very doubtful!

Mark
In my experience, and broadly speaking, prices of much electrical stuff is at least similar to the UK.
Take a look here - will give you a good idea for comparison
http://www.dalcoworld.com
or
http://www.expansys.com.cy

Ady
Hi STENDEC, my husband bought a digital camera at Dixons Gatwick a couple of years ago for a good price. I think that you save the VAT and they may throw in something extra if you haggle a bit. Also we had a problem with the screen on the camera, and were able to return it for exchange at a Dixons high street store in the UK, which is a bonus. There is a camera shop in Protaras main strip, and we saw one on the Tomb of the Kings road in Paphos, where he bought a memory stick. Think it was a similar price to the UK. We are returning to Protaras on the 17th September staying at the Seagull Apartments for a change this year!
Thanks all

Well, I think that it seems I'll probably get a better deal on the net in the UK than in the shops in Cyprus. Thanks for clearing that up!!
In general electrical goods are more expensive in Cyprus. There are shops which sell cheaper goods, often imported from China, but not always good quality.
We bought a trailing adaptor plug recently from a cheap shop in Limassol and it was wired up incorrectly. My husband was lucky not to get a shock when it went bang!
Made in China!
Stendec... have a look at Dixons Tax Free before you go to see if what you want is a good price at your departure airport.

HTH, Marion
STENDEC

Simple fast answer prices are firmer here on the island at the moment, prices are falling for goodies but my advice is buy in the UK more competition there so prices are better.
No, prices are higher.

You will see similar price in pounds, only Cyprus pounds and therefore around 20% dearer.

Also very limited choice.

For what you are looking for you need to take your next holiday in Puerto de la Cruz on the north coast of Tenerife, where you will do very well.

http://www.heureka.clara.net/tenerife/puerto.htm
Yep. Thanks for the confirmation one and all. I have just ordered my goods online at a very good rate!

Tax Free Dixons - No offence M&M - Thanks for the suggestion, but what a joke those prices are! A two minute search on Google finds all those items at seriously cheaper prices from normal reputable dealers / net shops. It seems all the Duty Free retailers are making serious money on the back of "Tax Free" advertising.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.