Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Es Cana Beach
20 Posts
hi julie ross,in answer to your questions the beach does get cleaned every day,well it has when weve been,there are parasols to hire with sunbeds,as the miami is a milimeter from the beach,you will be able to see the sunbed situation from the balcony,or terrace of the hotel.as june isnt school hols you should be ok.the cala nova beach about 10 mins away always has lots of sunbeds free,its a lot quieter,but the sea is rougher,keep a close eye on taz :lol: :lol: .you will love it,have a great time, mo.
sunbeds free.thing you are wrong there i have never known free sunbeds.you must of been lucky as not to of paid
woody i think she uses the word free as meaning available rather than gratis.
spottydog thanks i see what she means now.having looked again...must of been the beer i was on.
Thanks guys,
looking forward to it - one more question, is the sea bearable in June or is it freezing? I'm not looking for the exact temp, just an idea of what it will be like so I can let Taz tire himself out playing in it with his father, whilst I sit and chill out (I wish!). yes, I know i'm an over protective mother worrying about the temperature of the water!
yes the sea is fine,a bit cold at first but you soon get used to it, mo.
Hi Julie got the bigger version of the Taz only now hes 7 hes calmed down alot. There is another beach up by the Hippy market if its a bit crowded and one also round by the Fiesta hotel.

If your looking to tire him out a night theres a enclosed play area on the way to the Hippy market, it`s got a bar so you can chill out too. Theres also some bars with play areas on the way to the previous bar, I don`t know the name of them but there across the road from the Zodiac.

I wish we`d found Escana when our son was younger as we spent most of our hols chasing after him or putting him in his pram to calm him down.
Es Cana is a very nice place. We stayed at the Ereso last summer and had a fantastic time. The beach is pretty but it's quite small so it can get busy in high season (we were there in August). There is another beach "to the left" on the hotel Miami aswell.

We went to the bar that Christine W is talking about a couple of times and my 8 year old son loved it but one thing, the barstaff automatically pour you two lots of drinks (well the did when I was ther anyway) and call it "happy hour". The only problem was that they also charged for 2 lots of drinks but you think that it's buy one get one free! When ordering, just tell them that you only want the one.

The neighbouring resort of Santa Elulia is also very nice and have a lovely beach.
There is a second beach called Cala Nova which you can get to by walking along the road at the back of the main beach towards the Cala Nova Fiesta Hotel. It is not as developed as the main beach and also not as sheltered and the waves can be quite big.
hi julieross,we have been going to es cana now for almost 12 years,once or twice a year,but i can nevere recall them raking the beach,they do in santa eulalia,if there is 2 things that let it down is 1.seaweed,2.jellyfish,we go in late may and late september,and have had both problems nearly every time,although i will say with the jellyfish its just in 1 particular place near to the road,as for the ereso you have picked a great hotel,2 lovely pools and never bustling(well not when we go).
Hope you enjoy es cana its a super little resort.
Escanatiger.
Hi, not going to Ereso, going to Miami - a question, we are going all inclusive for the first time ever, anyone been there AI, if so any hints n tips so we make the most of it - we're not big drinkers as we have a 3 yr old as well!
We have reviews for the Miami HERE although I can't see much reference to All Inclusive.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your query shortly.

Kath HT Admin
Hi all
We are going to Es Cana is June also, but we are staying at the Hotel Caribe. have never been to Ibiza before.

Dawnie-Rob
sorry bout that julieross,my mistake,never stayed in the miami,but friends of ours have and loved it,hi dawnie-rob,stayed in the caribe last year and loved it,the rooms were cleaned every day,pool area great,staff very friendly,pool side entertainment excellent the rooms were a little on the small side,and the balconys were minute,the food for me was very good,the girlfriend didnt care for it much but she is a fussy eater,we only paid about £160for the 2 of us half board and couldnt fault it.
If there is any info you need about where to eat and drink and waht to do,dont hesitate to ask.
escanatiger
thanks escanatiger,
dont know if you can answer this, but apart from pool and beach, what else can i do with a 3 year old in es cana?
We went last year and stayed at the Caribe. There is a little fair and also an area that has bouncy castles and trampolines that your 3 year old would enjoy although our children loved catching little crabs and fish from around the rocks best!!

Have a great time :D
Julie, if you fancy a day or afternoon out you could go to Santa Eulalia. If you catch the water taxis from the beach opposite the hotel the first stop is Santa Eulalia. The beach is nice and larger than Es Cana. if you walk to the far end there`s a nice bar called Marinas, inside they have a enclosed playarea next to tables, if you want a meal your little one can play in it whilst you have a meal. For a drink outside they also have an amusment room. A nice walk is at the side of Marinas, along the river up to devils bridge, at the end is the bridge and lots of ducks, geese and cats with kittens. We used to take bread and cat food for them. Santa Eulalia has some nice shops and eateries. They also run a mini train opposite the Town Hall, it goes into the countryside, we went on it and had great time.There`s plenty of places along the promanade for a drink also a small marina.
Thanks for all your advice - have now got a few things planned - looks like Taz and us parents can enjoy ourselves!
There is also a little land train that goes evenings to Santa Eluliah and during the day on a sightseeing trip stopping at a couple of beaches, definately worth going on, our kids loved it!! Be sure to arrive early for departure though as it gets full very quickly, you'll see the stop on the front by the beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.