Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Darn...I quite liked the flight timings that Etihad had from Gatwick which allowed early arrival into BKK...the new LHR timings don't allow that.

Still got the mid evening flight back (20.55) which is an excellent time to leave BKK rather than the midnight flights that seem the norm with so many other airlines.

I even preferred going from Gatwick rather than Heathrow even though its further away from our home base.
Just spoke to Etihad and confirmed it.. then called the travel agent and all I got was ''thousand pardons, indeed to goodness'' we will call you on Monday Sir... Etihad are saying if it is not convenient they will fully refund but the Agent is saying we must contact the sales dept and apply fare rules.

The LHR departure is a pain.. in the pocket... travel to LHR and a day extra off my holiday allowance plus an arrival in BKK of 1845.... an extra nights hotel.... ah welll... until Monday.....
We were told on Thursday about the changes by Travelbag.
Now flying from Heathrow and flight departure time the evening before.
This means travel to Heathrow (we live 5 mins from Gatwick).
We are travelling to Koh Samui.

Spoke to Etihad direct who have agreed to give us tickets to travel via coach to Heathrow (return). However they have said they cannot help with extra night accomodation in Koh Samui.
Again Etihad said we could have a full refund.
Travel agent called me yesterday (Sunday!!) and emailed me the new times. As I am mile building with Etihad I agreed to take the LHR option.

I enquired about a refund and he stated that it would involve a £30 admin fee and take about 6 to 8 weeks.... load of bolleaux I know.

Just figuring out now whether to use the bus option or overnight in London with an old girlfriend and go out by train.
It works well for me, i was arriving at bangkok at 0720am on the 21st December from gatwick but they now have me leaving on the 19th
and arriving at 1825pm on the 20th so by the time i get my taxi to pattaya i should be there for 9pm and 12 hours earlier than before :D
Just had to sadly inform them at work that due to an airline cock up i would have to leave a day earlier 8)

leaving bangkok on the 2nd Jan on the 20.55 flight which is perfect, arrive at heathrow about 0740am and should be back in work in hampshire at 10am
for a rest :wink:
I leave on the 3rd March and return on the 19th March - Gatwick to Abu Dhabi then onto Bangkok and return home the same way.
I checked with Hayes and Jarvis and they said my flights still go from Gatwick.
It is only flights from 26th march that are affected.
yes, sorry teecee, we didnt know the full dates of the cut off but here is a report

http://news.cheapflights.co.uk/flights/2007/02/etihad_more_hea.html

that's great news! Thanks for the info! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.