General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Europe beaches
19 Posts
I think you will find you will get wind everywhere and it is impossible to predict where and when. Avoid Lanza as I heard that is unusually windy but other than that anywhere??
Definitely avoid Lanzarote if you don't like the wind :D
Cool! Thank you for the advice! I don't mind a bit of wind, but anything blowy or gust drives me mad! Haha
I'm sure most beaches get wind, it's caused by something called the sea

But nothing beats a seabreeze on a hot day.
  • Edited by Tarry 2012-06-20 11:51:44
But then also avoid pretty much all of Europe as I have experienced windy weather there as well haha It is something you just can't predict apart from in Lanza haha!
Tarry wrote:
I'm sure most beaches get wind, it's caused by something called the sea ;)

:rofl
Right, I don't want any wind on the 16 September, can someone predict that to happen to me that day? ;)
Do you mean in Lanzarote, Tarry, in September, cos if you do, September and October are the best months to be here :cheers
Why is Lanza windy? Does anyone know?
As I am from auz I know the likes of a beautiful sea breeze ! Haha that's not what I am referring to though :-)
greenshoes wrote:
Why is Lanza windy? Does anyone know?

Cos the trade winds I think, greenshoes, coming straight in off the sea, always from the same direction. Well, not always, but the majority of the year.
Thanks, learn something new everyday!
Hi Natalie
Welcome to HT.
Oh you are sooooooooo lucky coming from OZ, and you can give me Bondi Beach or Coogee beach any day of the year, wind or no wind.
There are some places that are notorious for experiencing more wind than others, for example Southern Spain on the Atlantic sea/coast side, that's where they go to fly their kites.

You'd be better giving us an idea of where you think you'd like to go, and then we can say whether these places have a tendency to be more windy than others.
Oh and don't worry, we have a few comedians in here, who are all full of wind. :rofl

Sanji
Sanji wrote:

Oh and don't worry, we have a few comedians in here, who are all full of wind. :rofl

Sanji

:rofl

Also avoid the Western Algarve, can be really windy there :omg
Also avoid the Western Algarve, can be really windy there

following on also avoid the Portugese Green coast,Silver Coast and Lisbon coast, they are all full on atlantic, glorious places to visit some nice resorts but quite drafty some of the time

wizard
Sorry, I've got a bad sense of humour :P
Ah no, it's just I'm off to Ireland than, 16 September.
You could try the top end of the Adriatic Coast , it's not too windy there .

xx lassi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.