Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
you can only have laser treatment for long sight not short
your £2000 is good mine cost near £4000 and i still lose my reading glasses
as for price had a look at some web sites and saw quotes of rupees 20,000 that's about £280 i think but optical express quote £390 :yikes till you get there then its add a zero
so sorry not very helpful
Went to Optical Express in Liverpool One shopping centre to see if I could get my reading vision corrected.Short story because I have a lazy eye and only one good eye which has terrific distance vision they could do nothing.

So we did not even get to prices but I was very impressed with how professional the set up was.

As for the headline price being 395 and then adding a 0 then it is much like any other marketing strategy.

Walk away and wait for the phone call and watch the price drop.

Have to be honest looking at the set up and working out the potentiol overhead in my head I cannot see many people getting the 395 price.

Papa
An Asian friend had this done in Mumbai for less then £300 las Xmas and has had no problems since.
I've been researching having it done when I come in Dec.I am short sighted with astigmatism in one eye, and have been quoted £600 ish for both eyes plus aftercare and medicines.Not sure if i'm brave enough to have it done yet though :(
So who would you contact in Goa for this treatment? Is there anywhere in north Goa? Presumably they give you a consultation first and explain things?
I called into VRUNDAVAN hospital to enquire last january cost was approx £700 for both eyes, check this link out i would have had it done but only had a couple of days left http://www.vrundavanhospital.com/lasik-laser-eye-centre.php I have since had it done at home[50th birthday present from karen]£1200 best present i have ever had
:sun2 NEIL/KAREN :cheers
:offtop BUT 26 DAYS UNTIL WE ARE IN GOA :tup
Thanks for the information Neil & Karen.
angelswitch wrote:
you can only have laser treatment for long sight not short
your £2000 is good mine cost near £4000 and i still lose my reading glasses
as for price had a look at some web sites and saw quotes of rupees 20,000 that's about £280 i think but optical express quote £390 :yikes till you get there then its add a zero
so sorry not very helpful

Not true, Laser Eye Surgery can be used for both long and shortsight..
I've heard that they can do both also. My friend wore glasses for both distance and reading ie needed two pairs. When she got hers done years ago they asked which she'd prefer to be rectified and she chose distance. I've since heard that they can now correct both types at the same time :que
I suffered from both long and short they are now better than 20/20 , they say i may need glasses for reading in several years , but i can put up with that. If you are are suitable go for it the operation is over in 5 minutes and absolutley no pain and i could read a newspaper as soon as i walked out the door
:sun2 neil :cheers
mine actually took less than 1 min each eye then sit in a dimly lite room for 10 min then kicked me out , just felt like a bit of grit in one of my eyes for couple of hours
:sun2 NEIL :cheers
Well, you have all convinced me to get it done :tup I am now up to 3.5 magnification for reading and I can never find my glasses! So any recommendations of where to get it done in Goa would be most helpful. :thanks
Hi Neil. Still plucking up courage to have eyes done and almost there.. Can you tell me who actually did your eyes and how much it cost ? also when did you have yours done and was it a little scary or a lot scary ?????
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.